Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
does anyone know where I can find a concealed carry hammer for my 617.
You mean a spurless/shaved hammer? I doubt that you'll find one, but you can make one. There is a standard hammer and trigger set for auction on eBay for $25. Buy it, modify it, install it, and VIOLA' you have it. You can hang onto your originals to return it back to factory condition should you ever choose to.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Whatever happened to that revolver taurus was supposed to release that had a nifty little hammer that could be removed with a key? Another no show product?

·
Registered
901 Posts
You mean a spurless/shaved hammer? I doubt that you'll find one, but you can make one. There is a standard hammer and trigger set for auction on eBay for $25. Buy it, modify it, install it, and VIOLA' you have it. You can hang onto your originals to return it back to factory condition should you ever choose to.
pete- I was terrified to do this to a M85. Followed similar advise to what BC gave you above and followed this guide from chicharrones
https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/22219-taurus-revolver-disassembly-pictorial-guide.html

In the end it was a lot of fun and very rewarding.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
848 Posts
pete950,
When buying a spurless hammer off eBay or anywhere else be sure the hammer you purchase is the same as the one you have in your 617.

It can be either a Flat or Round Mainspring Center Pin. I am not sure what year they changed from a round pin to a flat pin. The later 617's have a flat mainspring pin.

My 617 was manufactured in 2017 and it has a flat mainspring pin.

They are not interchangeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts