Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gents,

So I went ahead and ordered the 6.5" model 608 from Buds. I will have it in my hands tomorrow night. First I wanted to find a plinking 38 with longer barrel, then it ended up being the 4" 608 and finally I decided to stop my search on the 6.5" barrel. After waiting for almost a week the gun arrived and I placed an order. I also added some rings, two boxes of 158 grain XTP bullets and a scope base mount, but for the 8" model. I am not sure if that will fit with maybe some cutting/grinding action there. we will see. Anyway. I am super excited. This is my first long-barreled DA in 357 Mag. I have a 617 in blue which I purchased new about 6 years ago.
I can’t wait to take the toy to the range to see how it handles. All I hear is good things about this gun. Maybe some deer hunting in the future me with it. As always, I do not think that I really needed another gun or a hunting revolver with all the SA Rugers that I have. Oh well! Just another toy for the boy :-D

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Great purchase! Can't have too many revolvers IMO! Please show us some pics when you get a chance!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soooo. I am picking it up tonight. The gun is on the UPS truck already. Can't wait. I loaded 50 rounds with Winchester 158gr HP and two different powders and also 25 rounds of homemade gas-checked 180gr Lee FN bullets. I can't wait to go shooting. The next project is modifying the Taurus scope base for the 8" model to fit this gun. Not sure if I am 100% up for it.
Any good advice for a leather holster that will fit the 6" model with a scope, anyone?

Thanks
Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went to shoot the new arrival :) I loved it. I actually was surprised that the gun kicked a bit. I thought with all the weight and the muzzle ports I would not feel anything, but I was wrong. So far the best group I got was with the 180gr Lee FN rounds followed by 13gr of Lil'Gun. One of the pictures below show the result. 10 shots, 25 yards, bench rest.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a Beautiful Bull! Can't wait to receive mine, but with a 4 inch barrel! Must finish layaway fast!
Good luck, sir :) 608 is really an awesome gun.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Lookin good!! Congratulations.

·
Super Moderator
36,024 Posts
That's a beautiful handgun, congratulations!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on a very fine revolver that any one of us would be proud to own!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Nice shooting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts