Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just another question for those of you out there.... Will a J frame holster fit a model 606? I have been told that they will fit a model 85. The 606 looks to be about the same size I think.

The 606 is a 6 shot 38/357 2 in. snub revolver that is discontinued in the US but still bing made and marketed in Brazil from what I understand.

Any input is apprectaited!
Thanks
AZLester

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Just for interest, my 6 rd 357, model 461 Rossi will cram into a 85 holster, Hume JIT Slide Belt Holster. It probably would stretch to fit if I put it in and left it. It also will fit a Galco SP101 357 holster it is snug in both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I have a passport owb and it hangs funny. Looking for something that the holster attaches a bit higher on the back of the holster.This thing acts like all the gun is above the belt line and actually flops to the side with a 2 in. wide stiff belt.. Any thoughts on an iwb that won't put me in the poorhouse????? I know it's of topic but I did a search and this was as close as I could get. What a georgeous day out here in Western Mass.... Thanx Stash

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Take a look at Don Hume.com then you can order from GunnersAlley.com or some other site that stocks them. They are about the cheapest with some quality.

Of course, our sponsor, TuckerLeather makes some nice real nice ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice looking holsters... If I carried this everyday I would go with the House brand (Tucker).. I carry this about 1 to 2 times a month.. My son's pal brought me his Hunter iwb he has for his S&W model 12 snubbie. It seems ok. Gonna give it a try before I do anything. Course gotta find one if it works out. Oh well, the fun part of gun ownership is the SHOPPIN for goodies... Looks like another great day

·
Registered
846 Posts
Don't know if you mean Hunter's Joy, but here's a link.
URL removed

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 850 CIA that rides in a Blackhawk Classic and the 606 I just inherited will not fit at all. I'm betting a holster for say a 2 1/2" S&W Model 19 or a Colt Python or Detective Special would work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Hunter IWB was used with a Colt Det. Special... It now has my 606 parked in it.. Thanx for all the info and help... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts