Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fall of 2012, I bought a new blued 605 357 mag. After about a month, the cylinder had gotten out of time ( firing pin striking side of primer) so sent it back. Came back "fixed" after 3 weeks. Then 5 months later, same thing. This time I sold it back to the Pawn shop where I had bought it originally. Went to LGS and bought new stainless 605. Now after 1 box of 38's, it is locking the cylinder after a couple of rounds of 38 spec. It will go back. I have 4 other Taurus revolvers that don't have issues( 357 mag tracker, 44 mg tracker, 941 2 mag, 94 22 lr). What is up with the 605 guns??????

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
I'm interested to see the responses since my 605 is working just fine. It was manufactured in 2010. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

one question, do you ever lock the cylinder into place by slinging the revolver to the right?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
No issues at all with mine. Has been my favorite to shoot for quite some time now.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If I had problems with my 605 (I miss her :() I wouldn't have got my Judge.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
My 605 went back with the cylinder binding. They replaced some parts. It started to do it again and by a fluke I realized it was only with Winchester brass. The rim on Winchester brass is just fractionally thicker and the gun was soo close tolerance that it would rub on the frame. Every other load has worked flawlessly in it!

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
My 2010 Mdl 605SS2 went back because of a locked cylinder. Taurus® scrapped the gun and sent me a brand new one. It is my wife's daily carry gun albeit w/38 Special ammunition.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Never had a problem in mine yet. I often wonder if people with problems are shooting the maxed out loads like the Federal 125gr (hammer of thor type ammo) or something similar all the time. I don't shoot magnums very often in mine but I have shot at least several boxes worth of my own hand loads with 158gr bullets over 2400 and AA #9.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm interested to see the responses since my 605 is working just fine. It was manufactured in 2010. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

one question, do you ever lock the cylinder into place by slinging the revolver to the right?
Absolutly NOt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm interested to see the responses since my 605 is working just fine. It was manufactured in 2010. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

One question, do you ever lock the cylinder into place by slinging the revolver to the right?
never

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Not one time has that been done!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took the cylinder out tonight and found that the bushing that fits between the yoke and the cylinder was installed with the "small" end to the cylinder. This cured the issue. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you have issues take it to smart pawn off of 221.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did have problems with mine. Similar to yours. I purchased mine new 10/2013. Put 40rds through it and the cylinder stop wouldn't retract. You had to release then squeeze it again. No way man. It went right back to Taurus. Did'nt have it 1 day and it was broken. I didn't freak out or anything. I have a Glock 17 that came new with a faulty mag release too and that need to be shipped back. So while it's not indicative of the Taurus brand it certainly makes you wonder. I mean I have a couple other SAs and they never failed. Then I buy my first wheel gun; a Taurus and it breaks first time out. Sort of makes you wonder; know what I mean? I love the piece but, I need to put a bunch more rounds through it befor I trust it again. Guess as with anything reputations are made and lost for a reason. Hope it comes back working better.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
MrArff-glad you got the problem worked out, but please do have confidence in the Taurus folks in Florida. I've sent handguns back there and it's certainly worth the bit of inconvenience to get your firearm custom tuned. "Spit" happens in all manufacturer's, firearms get released for sale that don't work -but at least Taurus stands behind their product and fixes it...for life!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I've owned 3 , 605's all functioned great...my favorite one was a older version Polished SS ,ported and it sported a 2.5 inch barrel ..Was my primary carry gun for two years...a fellow talked me out of it...wish I still had it...great gun..

looked like this revolver but it had just a slightly longer barrel...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've been very pleased with the 605 I bought a while back. Out of the box, it felt just right in every respect. I think Taurus designed the gun "just" for me. It shoots well, and handles 357's very well, as 38's too. I love the feel of the gun, the looks of it, and the finish (to me) is perfect. I had to add some personal touches to it to make it mine, but that was expected.

If it ever breaks I will buy another one in a heartbeat. I truly think, for a snubby, its the best available, certainly one of the best looking snubby's out there. As you can tell I do love it so. She's a beaut!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Fall of 2012, I bought a new blued 605 357 mag. After about a month, the cylinder had gotten out of time ( firing pin striking side of primer) so sent it back. Came back "fixed" after 3 weeks. Then 5 months later, same thing. This time I sold it back to the Pawn shop where I had bought it originally. Went to LGS and bought new stainless 605. Now after 1 box of 38's, it is locking the cylinder after a couple of rounds of 38 spec. It will go back. I have 4 other Taurus revolvers that don't have issues( 357 mag tracker, 44 mg tracker, 941 2 mag, 94 22 lr). What is up with the 605 guns??????
Mine's been fine. Very solid. Many hundreds of rounds through it. I've had it since 2005.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 605 is my normal carry. I have the 2" .357 Stainless. I put a Pachmayr grip on it. Love the feel and for a close range self defense weapon, it's hard to beat.

However, I did have to send it back to Taurus because the cylinder kept locking up on me. In fact, I had to send back my Taurus Poly-Judge because the cylinder would not lock into place. I have only owned 2 Taurus wheel guns and both had to be returned for repairs. For that reason, I will never again purchase a Taurus revolver.

I have owned several Taurus semi-automatics and never had an issue with any of them.

Edited Note: Well I take it back. I just bought a Taurus Raging Bull 454 and love the thing. Never say never.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts