Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, as I said, I would run a few handloads through to see how she would do. I loaded 250 gr. HP-XTP's with Unique - 8.4, 2400 - 15.7 and Power Pistol - 8.6 and 250 gr. MBC Pinbuster RNFP with Unique - 7.8 and Power Pistol - 8.1. This pic is only @ 7 yds. and was the 1st. 5 rounds I ran through it this brief session of 55 rds. total. It was representative of all the loads. All loads were very manageable and maybe a little less recoil than the 20 Factory rounds I had tried in the break in.

I had 1 flyer here :D (otherwise group would have been 15/16" :eek:) but I think it should get better with more than 25-75 rounds down range. My hold was at the bottom of the red dot (I tried) and these 5 were in single action.

I did have a slight issue with the cylinder binding or not wanting to close at one point, I think some crud got caught somewhere. I always bring a can of compressed air for my reload tests in case I get unburnt powder, and I used that to clear out the crud, I am not sure where, but managed to get her going again along with a wipe down. If you turn the can upside down, the frozen contents that come out can quickly cool down the metal if need be as well in case that has anything to do with it.

Hopefully this was only a break in issue as I only fired @ 50 rounds to this point, and she got going again. Think positive. The gun looked too clean to have been fired prior to my purchase.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
All in all, I'd say you must have enjoyed the quality time you spent with that beautifully matte-finished beast. :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Long live the 450! I bet if BT shipped one cargo container of them to the USA and distributed them through their dealers as the boat left, they all would be sold prior to it reaching the dock in FL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Speer GDHP and the Win PDX1 have a published energy of 312 ft./lbs. and 361 ft./lbs. respectively at the Mfg. websites. Not stunning, I know, but I can't get over how pleasant the recoil is in this gun. It would seem there is a lot of head room left for loading rounds for this gun. Not a Ruger Redhawk I know, but we are not even remotely approaching painful. Either that or I am too burley for my bad self. ;D

I am looking for about the recoil I feel in my .44 spl. loads through my 696 and 396. I might have to get rid of some semi auto's to pick up more of these bad boys.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Wait.......you have a 450???? You lucky bastard. Grrrrrr..........seriously. Nice work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts