Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the real scoop with this revolver? It sure looks nice, but could the average guy shoot it? Ok so maybe I am a little below average, but is this one a must have?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
wyo-proud said:
So what is the real scoop with this revolver? It sure looks nice, but could the average guy shoot it? Ok so maybe I am a little below average, but is this one a must have?
At 28 oz it might be great w/44 Special loads, but full-tilt 44 Mags, OUCH! :eek: :bang:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think if I were the owner of a Model 444 I would practice with light loads, for control for accuracy. Just like when I was an LEO and we carried .357 magnum's we still practiced with .38 Spl wad cutters or semi wad cutters, but never full house loads.

Use your full house loads for serious business only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to purchase a 44 mag soon, and I don't want to let my eyes talk me into something my heart can't handle. Thanks for the input. It makes sense to lighten the loads for general shooting and then power up when your in the woods. So, another novice question for you. Besides the obvious advantage of the 4'' for easy carry, how does the shorter length really compare to 6'' when it comes to accuracy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently purchased a Taurus Model M44C 2" Tracker as it is described on the case. Stainless 2 1/2" ported barrel with Ribber grips, 31 ounces on the postal scale at work. Great lock up and trigger both S/A and D/A. Great to shoot with Georgia Arms .44 Special 200 grain Gold Dots and a real handfull with their 240 grain Gold Dots. Great light show at the range. Get one if you can find one. It has become my first choice for CCW.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
buy the .44mag UltraLight...then let us know how it shoots :D

loaded with .44spls it should be very easy to shoot with. I have a .44mag Raging Bull (same frame) 6.5in and the ONLY complaint I have about it is that it weighs a ton, OK 55oz actually. The Ultra Light version sounds like a winner! you can practice with .44specias an carry magnums in the woods. I'd say go for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts