Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...this is my first post. I recently picked up a model 44 (.44mag). I bought it from a friend. The only problem with it, is the rear sight is canted to the left. I attempted to fix it by adjusting it up and down. To no avail :(. How hard would it be to replace the sight myself, or if I can't do it, send it to Taurus. The pictures that I attached may not represent what I'm tying to describe, but the rear sight is, ever so slightly canted to left. Other then the rear sight, the gun is in excellent shape.

Thanks to everyone in advance. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

If it was up to me I would send in to Taurus and have them repair it, It's got a lifetime warranty and they will take care of it for you....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
644 Posts
Congrats on your new to you gun. I think I would let taurus do it since it has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, what a great post for your first one! Welcome from IA! It doesn't look bad at all to me, so why not try shooting and see how things go? If it does turn out to be a problem, you can send it in as recommended by the other members.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Removing the sight is only a matter of knocking out a pin, there's not much to it and not worth the time and money to send it in for repairs imo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removing the sight is only a matter of knocking out a pin, there's not much to it and not worth the time and money to send it in for repairs imo.
That's what I was thinking, I will need to purchase some smaller punches though.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

Welcome to the finest handgun forum on the world wide web, and thank you for your military service to our nation.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome, and I would love to have your 44! I have an older M66 with the 4" barrel, looks a lot like yours. My sight is exactly the same way - I noticed it when I first got the gun. It has never affected the shooting that I can tell, and I've never done anything about it.

Please give us a range report! I would love to hear your impressions of this 44mag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts