Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this right after the Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving on an other forum. ACE Hardware had these on sale for $10.00. I found and ordered from Plano Gun Cases a 4"H x 37"L x 18"W pre-cut Pluckable Foam 10836 insert for $25. Interior dimensions for this Stanley Mobile Cart is 16"L x 8 1/2W, so it pretty much took the entire foam insert after trimming and stacking both pieces to make an 8" deep case.

Full size pistols like my PT1911 and PT101 need to be on the outside because there is a depression on the case in the middle. The next thing I will be working on is finding some shelving at The Container Store to put at least on shelf on the bottom with some dremel work for the uneven heights along the curve wheel wells in the bottom interior. Now I don't have to carry two range bags with pistols and ammo. Here's some pics of the top side for now.

What it started out as:

The top with the pluckable foam inserts:

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Very nice.
Good collection of firearms, too.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
awesome idea!
As it is now, I carry my rifle bag with 4 pistols and a rifle in it and two 50 cal ammo cans full up. Hands are full!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
GREAT ideal!! I'm going to have to get creative now! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Man what a good idea, you have got my wheels turning now !!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing a great idea with us!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I Like It!

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is sweet! Nice to see some creativity among us right-wing gun nuts! ;)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
That is nice. Sure beats the old power tool case that I use.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well done.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
that is way cool! You know what they say, "necessity is the mother of invention."

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I found and ordered from Plano Gun Cases a 4"H x 37"L x 18"W pre-cut Pluckable Foam 10836 insert for $25.
Do you have a link? I could not find anything.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Do you have a link? I could not find anything.
You have to call their Plano CS..use that item number and order it from there..same dimensions for a rifle case. When you order it and get it, send me a pm so I can give you my number and lemme suggest a cpl of things on cutting it now that I have gone thru that. Call them and they will send you a link to the catalog. Hang on for few and I will edit this post with the link.

good luck

Catalog..and it only works with IE
I take that back..that link goes back to me opening my emaill address. Best thing to do is call Plano..its what I did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts