Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I don't know what they think they will accomplish. The management probably would not and should not start the movie, so did they really get into the movie for free? DUH!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but around here the malls are central to different gang turfs. The malls or at least a portion of them are considered to be common ground, but the parking lots and the out parcels are not and may belong to one gang or another. Around here the Sheriff's Department have erected security towers in the parking lots to try and control gang activity. If you are looking to get mugged, raped, beaten up, car jacked, or otherwise accosted, just go to the mall. This mob storming of theaters has happen here in Jacksonville several times. Mall managers are likely afraid of the gangs and retaliation for acts that limit or control their behavior.

The last time this happened here, the police surrounded the entire Mall and corralled all the little knot heads, arrested them, and held them until a parent came to claim them. The word was that next time there would be big fines to pay before they were released. So far, we haven't had another incident.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, Children will be Children, want they! INDEED!!:icon_ lala:

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but around here the malls are central to different gang turfs. The malls or at least a portion of them are considered to be common ground, but the parking lots and the out parcels are not and may belong to one gang or another. Around here the Sheriff's Department have erected security towers in the parking lots to try and control gang activity. If you are looking to get mugged, raped, beaten up, car jacked, or otherwise accosted, just go to the mall. This mob storming of theaters has happen here in Jacksonville several times. Mall managers are likely afraid of the gangs and retaliation for acts that limit or control their behavior.

The last time this happened here, the police surrounded the entire Mall and corralled all the little knot heads, arrested them, and held them until a parent came to claim them. The word was that next time there would be big fines to pay before they were released. So far, we haven't had another incident.
The big fines should have been paid the first time. Then the message would have been loud and clear!!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I do remember hearing about the incident where the cops surrounded the mall! The punishment should have been swift and severe.

Geez the Sheriff's dept. has watch towers in the parking lots?! Holly molly! I guess it's a good thing I don't go to the mall! I wonder if the gang thing is that bad around here. I'll have to ask my friend, former LEO, anti-gang dept. I'm glad he retired.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
The last time it happened in Jacksonville it was all over YouTube. Absolutely ridiculous. Bust a few skulls each time and charge them with inciting a riot.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
2cents.gif The only time we go to the mall in the city is early mornings while the gang bangers are sleeping off their nights worth of crack. I think if the mall management did away with the arcades food courts most of the problem would go away....

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
View attachment 109647 The only time we go to the mall in the city is early mornings while the gang bangers are sleeping off their nights worth of crack. I think if the mall management did away with the arcades food courts most of the problem would go away....
You are on the right track, but then they'd have to get rid of all the shoe stores where kids can try and rob each other of the newest air Jordan's ... Take away bus service to the malls and that will stop a lot of crap too., sad to say.

This brings up another thing, almost all malls are PFZ's meaning law-abiding citizens don't carry there. The little thugs (and larger ones) know this, which only makes them more attracted to malls. They know the chances of meeting someone who has the means to truly defend themselves is almost non existent.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Since moving to Hattiesburg 3 years ago I have been to the mall twice. This city is pretty tame with little gang activity and the mall seems safe. I don't recall seeing gun free zone signs, they don't matter if you have an enhanced endorsement on your carry permit in Mississippi. I once made the mistake of trying to buy some pants at Northgate Mall in Houston and couldn't get out of the place fast enough. The natives were rather hostile.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
No malls for us.. Most malls have become public hunting grounds..

·
Registered
24,606 Posts
At the Mall of America, teens are required to have a parent with them to go there and that has stopped a lot of the youth problems to date.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Since moving to Hattiesburg 3 years ago I have been to the mall twice. This city is pretty tame with little gang activity and the mall seems safe. I don't recall seeing gun free zone signs, they don't matter if you have an enhanced endorsement on your carry permit in Mississippi. I once made the mistake of trying to buy some pants at Northgate Mall in Houston and couldn't get out of the place fast enough. The natives were rather hostile.
Ned - most malls have rules against the carrying of any weapons lawful or not. While the law in your state may allow you to ignore mall policy, the mall management or any of its representatives may ask you to leave, basically for any reason, (private property rules) if you do not comply it is possible they can trespass you via the local police. Typically malls post tiny, nearly transparent stickers (usually 3" x 3") near the security office, or near the bottom of the inner set of doors to one main entrance to the mall, that way they can say "well it's posted" at their convenience, while not scaring the sheep away they count on to spend their money there with no thought to their personal safety. :(

This and many other reasons keep me away from such places, whenever possible, I avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I agree although I'm not sure that loud and clear works well with young and stupid.
They're not too stupid because they are getting the most out of social media! :)

Also know that the malls won't stop teens from coming because they are the ones that spend the most (atleast some). Actually the malls are geared for them to come in spend money, hang out and spend more money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts