Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I put this thread in the right place..

I am looking for an MOB Holster for my PT111. I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't know if this matters, but I am woman. ;D

Gina

·
Administrator
40,385 Posts
Small of the back?

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Is that a middle of back holster? That would seem to be kinda hard to reach......

Ok, after doing some reading it looks like MOB and SOB are one and the same. Galco seems to have the market on these, but I'm sure there are other makers as well. Here are some links to middle of back holsters:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/GAL-MOB-.html
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Galco/MOBMiddleofBackHolster.asp
http://www.opticsforyou.com/product-11015-0-1-1.html

You might try a google search for other makers. My only warning would be that if you were ever pushed backward and landed on the gun, one of these holsters can cause serious damage to your spine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, I am sorry, its the middle of back, and no, its not hard to reach at all. I like it much better than carrying on my side, or in front of me. Its easy to conceal, and seems to be fairly comfortable

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I wish I could find the link for the site I saw once, that was making holsters designed for the female figure. They had several designs that probably would work for you! Do not remember if they did an MOB/SOB or not.

·
Super Moderator
21,805 Posts
My friend male, Wear's his Glock 30 MOB all the time and swears by it. He's let me see how it rides and it looks like it will work he says it does't even bother him when he's driving and he carry's all the time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robby said:
Well, I found my links for the one making holsters for the ladies. They also make a nice SOB.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/lady/Default.htm

Not sure if any would work for SCGirl or not.
excellent!! thank you so much!!!!! I never thought carrying would be such a hassle, and I think the bigger you are (as a woman) the easier it is to conceal. I am just having an issue hiding it, and not having to wear to or three shirts to do so..its 100 degree's here i the south, so less is more!

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Yes maam, these yankee boys don't know about hot..... :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gotta agree with ya there, sir!

hubby and I have been talking about moving to texas! He lived there while in the service. He was stationed at Lackland, and wants to go back very badly..

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
San Antonio is a nice city, but as you probably know it's hotter or muggier than Dallas is. I'm assuming he was in the Air force, Lackland is the 'gateway to the Air Force' if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes, sir, you are correct! Ret. MSgt, US Air Force!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Yes maam, these yankee boys don't know about hot..... :)
This yankee boy does. ;) Moved from NYC to Phoenix, AZ. How does 122 degrees in July and August sound? :mad:

·
Super Moderator
21,805 Posts
Same in Mich. I lived there 31 years before moving to TN and its hot here too. I've been here for 18.5 years. the only thing I like about TN is hardley any snow.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
This yankee boy does. ;) Moved from NYC to Phoenix, AZ. How does 122 degrees in July and August sound? :mad:
Okay, NYPD gets an excemption.... :p

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Living in Vegas I don't have a problem with the heat. The hotter, the better. But i have to say, NYPD, the humidity in Phoenix kills me when it's that hot.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I enjoy carrying small of the back, it's actually one of my favorite places. When wearing a tee-shirt in hot weather, you cannot detect even a large size auto. It takes a bit getting used to at first... but it works well, and I can draw from there lightning fast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought one from activeprogear.com, and should be arriving shortly. I like the one for my beretta, but its a smal .32 (tomcat)..this one is for my 9mm (pt111)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts