2,857 Posts

·
Registered
17,412 Posts
I see plans within plans.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I would love for it to happen but there are still a lot of anti gunners in my state. It's funny as I haven't heard it mentioned on local news. I found out from social media. I did hear about the other bills that would mandate everyone owning an ar-15 and a handgun. Not a fan of being told to do it by government though. Of course local media made it sound crazy to even think about arming adults.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
You don't have to be Nostradamus to see that, if passed and enacted, this is headed to The Supremes. States now are legalizing drugs that are still illegal under federal law. The sanctuary cities mess. And many other instances where federal and state laws are at loggerheads. While we in this forum tend to focus on the Second Amendment there are challenges throughout the country that seek to rein in impingements on citizen's rights. Secret courts, no habeas corpus, why are you complaining "if you have nothing to hide?" The answer to that? "Give me your phone. And passkey. If you have nothing to hide."

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
You don't have to be Nostradamus to see that, if passed and enacted, this is headed to The Supremes. States now are legalizing drugs that are still illegal under federal law. The sanctuary cities mess. And many other instances where federal and state laws are at loggerheads. While we in this forum tend to focus on the Second Amendment there are challenges throughout the country that seek to rein in impingements on citizen's rights. Secret courts, no habeas corpus, why are you complaining "if you have nothing to hide?" The answer to that? "Give me your phone. And passkey. If you have nothing to hide."
It would indeed be interesting to see it go to SCOTUS.

There are lots of thing that the court's decision could be used to clarify and/or be used to re-litigate

- sanctuary cities

- marijuana laws

- Jefferson's and Madison's Nullification Acts

- the Civil War

just to name a few

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
This will indeed be quite the experiment touching on Federalism and the supremacy clause. Unlike the marijuana debates of States vs Federal rights, the Federal laws in this case violate the second amendment. So which is higher on the totem pole; the Feds saying no you can't have an item, the states saying you're not the boss of me or the second amendment codifying a basic human right of self defense and self preservation? My Gut's telling me that SCOTUS won't touch this issue with a 10 foot pole as if they rule in favor of Missouri, it will undo ALL federal gun laws including the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, the 1986 revamp of the CGA and the 1993 Brady act. This would also be a case where SCOTUS couldn't make an incredibly narrow ruling either. it's an all or nothing decision. Either way, it should be very exciting to watch how it plays out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts