Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner is trying to track it down, but the chances of him finding it are slim. I'm searching the internet right now, but not having much luck. I understand that Taurus doesn't offer the gold appointments anymore, am I SOL?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Numrich was one of the places I looked. They carry a lot of the gold parts, but I wasn't able to find gold screws. Maybe a plating kit is the way to go. I'm still waiting for the gold trim to grown on me, IMO it looks better on stainless than blue.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't know if I could do that. If I got a good price on a Taurus that had the gold trim, I would call Numrich and get blued items ASAP! :D However, I would be so pleased to get a new Taurus that maybe I wouldn't care! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was my thought process completely! I was originally after a 92 in stainless, but I stumbled upon this one for a great price. Hard to pass up a good gun deal these days!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll ask - what did you pay for it and can we see pictures please?
Sure, I'll get some pics up today. I don't mind showing it off. :D It came with one mag and a Don Hume leather holster. It's a 1998 model, but it looks like new. I paid $375 from a private owner.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Good deal on the 945 with the Dom Hume. $375 is a good price privately. For the screw, which part of the grip panel is it on? Both lowers are the same size hole, so if you take out the screw and go to your local hardware store that stocks the largest assortment of fasteners. You may be able to find a brass screw that will blend in with the look. It's better than a missing or complete mix-match screw, and it shouldn't cost much at all.

Truthfully 3 of the screws are the same, both right side and lower left side. The upper left should have a sleeve inserted in the hole for a smaller threaded screw.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Another option may be to replace all of the gold screws with stainless hex head screws from a Beretta.......well maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good deal on the 945 with the Dom Hume. $375 is a good price privately. For the screw, which part of the grip panel is it on? Both lowers are the same size hole, so if you take out the screw and go to your local hardware store that stocks the largest assortment of fasteners. You may be able to find a brass screw that will blend in with the look. It's better than a missing or complete mix-match screw, and it shouldn't cost much at all.

Truthfully 3 of the screws are the same, both right side and lower left side. The upper left should have a sleeve inserted in the hole for a smaller threaded screw.
Excellent. It's the lower left screw that's missing. I had no idea the upper left was different. Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I'm off to the hardware store in the morning.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought a PT911 recently and just picked up a PT945 both in stainless. Here are pics of the two of them The PT911 has gone from rubber grips to mother of pearl and now rosewood. I haven't shot the 45 yet but plan to do so this weekend. Have a great weekend all! PT911 D.jpg PT911 A.jpg Rosewood (2)A.jpg

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts