Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having some medical problems so I am not able to get up and about as usual. Last week I missed the Tampa gun show and this weekend I missed the Lakeland show.

The owner of my local gun shop works his booth at all the major shows. I have asked him to keep his eyes open for any firearms I might have any interest in as well as a list of guns I definitely want to buy. Last weekend he found me a Walther PPK-S.....

Well, today he called from the Lakeland show and he found another .22 that is on my list. It is a Ruger Wrangler in bronze cerracote. I've been looking for one for awhile and I am glad to have it. I got it for $154.69 OTD and I think that is a decent price.

I have some surgery on Wednesday but I hope to shoot the Wrangler this week and I will post a review...

Don

IMG_59011.jpg

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Where do you see all these gun shows listed? I would travel to Lakeland, Orlando, or Tampa for a big show. They just don't happen in the Gainesville/Ocala area anymore.

I like the wrangler and that seems like a good price.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
You got one I'd like to own, congrats.

Praying for a favorable surgery, and a quick recovery.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
when i lived in Titusville i went to many of these. Cocoa was a good show.
GunShows-USA
Aug 3-4 FL
, Cocoa Beach. International Palms Resort, 1300 N. Atlantic Ave. 180 Tables: $70 ea. Set up: Fri 12-7 pm, Sat 7-9 am. Show hours: Sat 9-5, Sun 10-4. Contact: Great American Promotions email:
[email protected]
site:
Great American Promotions

·
Registered
4,189 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do you see all these gun shows listed? I would travel to Lakeland, Orlando, or Tampa for a big show. They just don't happen in the Gainesville/Ocala area anymore.

I like the wrangler and that seems like a good price.[/Q

The largest shows are held by Florida gun shows. They do 42 shows a year in 8 different locations. The largest show is Tampa with 800 tables. The smallest show is 400 or 500 tables. They only accept vendors who are selling product directly related to fire arms and knives. You don't get the clothing, jewelry, or other vendors that are not firearms related.

Here is a link to the company and I hope it helps you out. There shows run down both coast as far as Miami.

Don

.Florida Gun Shows - Florida Gun Shows

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
I have given up on the gun shows around here. There really does not seem to be any bargains anymore.
yep, I have never really been a gun Show person, seldom can I not find a better price either locally or online.
I have picked up some fair deals on powder and primers, not super but fair prices.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Good luck with the surgery.

I have given up on the gun shows around here. There really does not seem to be any bargains anymore.
That's how it is around me now. I stopped attending. Not only were there no bargains, there were no fair prices. They seemed to be pricing everything for the first time gun buyer by asking MSRP and no haggling. Don't ask what they were wanting for ammunition. Good grief. I did buy a fixed blade knife at the last one I attended though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts