Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK i know someone is gonna say there is all ready a thread on this well if so I'm sorry i did not find it( but please if you know were it is feel free). I am in the process of polishing my barrel on my .45 pro I've looked all over the Internet but nothing. So my Q is what are the steps, materials needed, care. I've got as for as a mirror finish on the top of the slide that shows when the gun is assembled( if there is a name for that i don't know) I just used a cloth and some Brasso. but it seems that the matted grey on the barrel will not come off the part i did was already smooth SS i just shined it up. Does anyone know how to do this and also if i have a mecanical problem with the barrel in the future will Taurus repair it or not based on the finish i did?

THANKS

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
If there isn't a thread, there should be. a "light" polishing with something like flitz, or Mother's Aluminium finish. Can't imagine Taurus having a problem as long as you are careful. Don't try to remove metal or leave a wavy finish. I use a felt dremel with mothers. This tends to just liquify the black finish. remember that you can remove more than you can replace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts