Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a finicky PT138? I bought one for my wife(hehe) a couple of years ago and I love the little guy but its not 100% reliable. I get a FTF or FTE about 1 out of every 10 rds with either factory ammo or my known reliable(in other handguns) handloads. I'm trying to figure out through the process of elimination what the problem is, currently I'm leaning towards the magazines.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My wife's PT138 was just recently sent in to Taurus for a few issues it was having, FTF being one of them. On the paper they sent back with the gun, it stated the recoil spring was weak and therefore replaced. It looked like a newer version of the spring, and the old one had less than 200 rounds on it. I would guess that the original spring wasn't as strong as it needed to be to begin with. As far the FTE, I dont know what to say other than send it to Taurus. They had her gun for less than 3 days, and we had it back in less than a week, and this was the week of Christmas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.