Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world can it be the middle of August already?! Didn't I just watch the Indianapolis 500 a couple of weeks ago?
I think it was the Bob Newhart Show where one of the characters asked, "Where does the time fly?" and the answer was, "Cleveland, Ohio." Maybe I should visit Cleveland.

Mini rant over.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
It's in the past.
You're welcome.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
From my unpublished book "Random Thoughts of an Old Man, I'm Right Again"

“Time, no one knows how much we have left, only how much we have had.”

“NOW will never come again, so live NOW to its fullest for the glory of God.”

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Psychological studies have shown that time does seem to go by faster for older folks.
Along with my radiological studies I had 4 years of psychology.
I know I know, radiation plus crazy people explains a lot.................:p

There have been many studies dealing with this phenomena and one that I remember states
that our younger years consist more of first-time events, like first dates, first car, first job, first marriage..:p, first child etc.
These are new events for us and they make more indelible memories which are more detailed.
When we experience the same events over the years they make less of an impression on us and seem to slip by.
In retirement and old age days are fairly similar and tend to meld into one another making time seem to go by quicker.

Either that or what I remember is all a bunch of hooey and we are all just running willy nilly to our deaths with our
walkers, full of meds and not a small amount of rum.

Have a nice day...............

Reactions: gyro_cfi

·
Registered
315 Posts
Trust me - it AIN'T in Cleveland!

Bob

·
Registered
31,893 Posts

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
I always said inside every 70 year old is a 20 year old wondering what the hell happened! Yeah, I'm Seventy #%&()@! One!!!:(

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Life is like a roll of toilet paper..... The closer you get to the end the faster it goes! :pfff:

Don

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Life is like a roll of toilet paper..... The closer you get to the end the faster it goes! :pfff:

Don
So when you die that tunnel you go through to the light is just an empty toilet paper tube.
Hmmmm.
Very interesting.

Reactions: jeeper1

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, time flies and it does seem like the Indy 500 was a few weeks ago; I find myself looking and sounding silly a lot more than I like.
But at 63, I don't care as much as I used to about looking silly. I don't have the time to worry about it now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts