Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference in recoil between the Ruger Mini
14(.223) and the Mini 30(7.62X39)???

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
I have both and there really is not much difference.

·
Registered
267 Posts
paulrabe78 , thanks for the rifle recoil table. I have been wondering about several comparisons myself.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Funshooter said:
paulrabe78 , thanks for the rifle recoil table. I have been wondering about several comparisons myself.
No problem. I found it about a year ago and I'm glad to share it.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Funshooter said:
Hey Paulrabe78, ditto what Funshooter said. That was good info!
Thanks! ;D

I've got the site bookmarked!!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Though not an entirely accurate indicator, I like to watch clips on youtube of people shooting various calibers and seeing how much (or how little) the weapons recoil.

The most pronounced recoil I saw came from guys shooting 4 bore double rifles.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/37896/

But I digress. As jwc007 noted, there isn't much of a difference between the two in that respect.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Wow, how would you like to shoot that? I know I sure would not.
I'd try it once just to say I've done it. But not without a recoil reduction pad of some kind in place first. The worst recoil I've ever experienced was with my Winchester 1400 12 gauge which has a plastic butt.

A few years ago I purchased a box of magnum turkey loads just to see what type of pattern they would produce. After the first two shots, I no longer cared about the pattern because my shoulder felt like it had been hit head on by a charging Rhino.

It was, IMO, worse by far, than shooting buckshot or slugs of any type which only give a hard rearward shove.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts