Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are some of the parts (trigger, cylinder release, etc.) on the Mod. 44 MIM parts? They look kinda light weight and cheap on my gun. So far, that is the only thing I am not crazy about on this gun. Anyway, here is a pic of my new gun:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, there are several parts on your gun that are MIM. It's no big deal, as S&W has been using MIM parts for several years, and although I've seen some S&W failures, it's never been from a MIM part.

For what it's worth, I've owned two Taurus 44s, exactly like yours, and have fired a lot of full house magnum loads through them. They never failed.

Personally, I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over the MIM parts. They are well made firearms, and I suspect that you will never have a problem with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot this gun again today (yeah, I went shooting on Christmas Day, so sue me!) and I continue to be amazed at just how well this gun shoots with just a few inches of rifling! And the porting, or compression chamber, or whatever in the name of John Moses Browning it is, works really really well. It is not bad at all to shoot this baby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.