Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really, but they are making the same argument Baldwin tried. The gun fires without pulling the trigger.

Apparently some of the MPD's guns have done just that and the police union is suing the city because they knew or should have known about the problem but did nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasn't Baldwins gun a revolver?
I think actually a single action revolver?
I believe you are correct. I also believe the FBI tested the gun and in their expert opinion, it could not go off without a trigger pull. It sounds like the Sigs that the MPD uses have a known problem.

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Sig has been proactive on the issue and has a recall on the pistols . It's a well known thing and if an LEO hasn't gotten his gun modified , then I would think it's on them.

·
Registered
30,005 Posts
Sig has been proactive on the issue and has a recall on the pistols . It's a well known thing and if an LEO hasn't gotten his gun modified , then I would think it's on them.
I'd say that's still on the department. They would need to arm the officers while their guns went in for service.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say that's still on the department. They would need to arm the officers while their guns went in for service.
Agreed. It sounds like the department issues them and they were issued after the known defect. What I didn't see in the article, however, is whether anyone has been hurt by an errant discharge.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yet many reports are out there that even the modded guns are having unintentional discharges.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Agreed. It sounds like the department issues them and they were issued after the known defect. What I didn't see in the article, however, is whether anyone has been hurt by an errant discharge.
At least one recently, one officer hit by another officer's round. I'm leary when multiple players are involved, it's hard enough to get the straight story when it's just one. I guess "glock leg" wasn't enough.

·
Registered
37,946 Posts

They could issue them Glocks as long as they made a rule against dancing while carrying them!

Outerwear Sleeve T-shirt Font Logo

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
They could issue them Glocks as long as they made a rule against dancing while carrying them!
Was it the dancing or back flips?? Maybe a Glock vs Sig dance off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts