Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered from Taurus a set of three-dot sights for my 3rdgen PT111.
Is there anything special I have to know or do in changing out the Heinie sights?
Is it necessary to replace both front and rear sights?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I just changed out the rear sight, but , I haven't fired the gun yet so don't know how the alignment is going to be!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I looked at the Taurus website and saw no sights for sale. Are the Taurus sights available through their website for the PT111? I am not a fan of the Heinie sights.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
The rear sight takes a 2mm Allen wrench (Hex)

The front sight takes a 1.5mm Allen wrench.

WARNING! Use a GOOD QUALITY Allen wrench, especially the 1.5mm on the front sight.

I had a 'bargain" 1.5mm wrench get rounded off, while a good quality wrench removed the sight. There is a slight risk that you could damage the set screw if the wrench does not fit perfectly.

·
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the Taurus website and saw no sights for sale. Are the Taurus sights available through their website for the PT111? I am not a fan of the Heinie sights.
Just call Taurus Customer Service. (THe number is a sticky in the Taurus Complaints section)
Be prepared to give the serial number of your weapon.
Price (including shipping) was 14.95

·
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your pistol is 3rd gen it will have a 12-round magazine; an SA/DA trigger; and the word "PRO" will appear on the right-hand side of the slide.

However, since you'll have to give your pistol's serial number, Taurus CS will immediately know what model you have and whether they have the sights for it.

Be sure to specify 3-dot sights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts