Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
It would be profitable to share what we have learned about holsters... what you have bought (rating) and especially holsters designed to specifically fit other guns, but fit the MilPro... i.e., I know that several holsters designed for the Glock compacts will fit the MilPro. This should help us all... please add your notes below and I'll try to edit this first entry to make it easy to access information.

Administrator
De Santis model 28. Fits the PT145 Pro and PT111 Pro perfectly. It stays where you put it and does not shift. As comfy as any IWB I've used.

Premium Member
Fobus SP11B, it is a paddle rig, and it fits several different makers compact guns, in addition to the whole Millenium Pro series.

Fits Springfield Armory XD/HS 2000 .9/.40/.357, Taurus Millenium PT 145, and All Millenium Pro's

Registered
I carry primarily in an Uncle Mikes belt slide pancake, in the appendix carry. Not bad, but I do have to wear a loose shirt, sweat shirt etc. I also have a Fobus paddle that was made for a S.A XD. Works pretty well. But because it is on the bulky side, I use it primarily as a range rig. Yesterday I ordered an Uncle Mike's Original gun pouch for it. The Original is for 2-3" weapons. It looks like a small size fanny pack, but does not have the strap around the waist. I will pass along my results with it as soon as it comes in.

Registered
PT145 mil pro's seem to be about the same size as the HK2000sk. I have a Mitch Rosen that I bought off a guy over at Glocktalk coming in the mail. I will post photos and a report when I get it. I have another Alessi for a USP 40c that seems to fit the gun well; (it's my wifes carry gun), but I will try out the holster and let you know.

Registered
Robby said:
Fobus SP11B, it is a paddle rig, and it fits several different makers compact guns, in addition to the whole Millenium Pro series.

Fits Springfield Armory XD/HS 2000 .9/.40/.357, Taurus Millenium PT 145, and All Millenium Pro's
+1 I've tried many others, some custom, and the fobus gets the most use.

Registered
Robby said:
+1 I use one for my PT111 Pro and actually like it, even though at first some people tried to steer me away. But for $20 I figured it was worth trying for myself.

Registered
I have the above mentioned Fobus paddle holster also and use it all the time when I am out back shooting on my pistol range, or around the house. I also have a Don Hume IWB Model H715M No.53-145 that I use for CCW. It is excellent. It holds both my PT111 & PT140 in close and very tight to the body. I keep it at 3 o'clock & it is very comfortable. Highly recommend it! I think I paid about $30 for it.

Registered
The PT145 and all of the 24/7's will fit any kydex holster made for the XD series gun.

I use the same holster Tucker Answer and all of my pt145, 140, 111 pro's and my 24/7 9mm compact will fit my Tucker perfectly.

steve :D

Registered
I finally got my Uncle Mikes Gun pro belt pouch. It is just the right size for the Mil Pro. It does look similar to a small, black fanny pack but now quite the same. My hope is that most won't really look at it that way. I "camoflage" this with my fire pager. My thought process is that people will hear and see the pager and think that the pouch is a small belt first aid pouch and not a holster. I have worn it out in public and haven't noticed anyone "checking" me out.
I have not taken it to the range yet, as it is winter in the Great White North and we are under a blanket of white. I have however, drawn with it at home (yes unloaded) and it seems to come out fairly easily. I have taken to bringing the 2 zippers together in the middle of the pouch and then backing them off just enough to get my thumb between them to open the pouch. This seems to work pretty well. It is by no means a Quick draw holster. It is designed for "open concealed" carry and it does its job well.
The only down side to it that I have found is that the gun is not secured inside of the pouch. What I mean is, I used to use an Uncle Mike's Gun Runner fanny pack when I worked as a P.O. This pack had a nylon "band" inside the holster to keep the gun in one spot, and to keep it held to the back side of the holster. The Gun Pro does not have this strap, therefore the gun tilts forward. I still have the Gun Runner and will be taking the strap out of it and sewing it into the pouch.
Aside from this, I truly like the pouch. It is small and comfortable. I wear it in a cross-draw appendix position, just left of mid-line. This keeps it readily available and as I wear it on my left and am right handed, this gives me another level of "concealment" to those who look for whose carrying.
I'll keep you updated as to how it works at the range under live-fire.

Jeff 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts