Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new here and this is my first post. My father has a pt111 millinium pro that he is willing to sell me for ccw. I like the gun and have no trouble concealing it, but I have a definite hate for the trigger. To be honest it feels like hell in just about every way i can think of. Anyway I was wondering if there was any way i could replace some parts or the entire thing to make it a little smoother and more crisp. Hell if i could i'd put a metal trigger on it because the plastic just feels mushy, but i doubt that'll happen. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Is it a Gen 3 with the SA/DA trigger? If it is the first thing to do is a detail strip (being careful not to loose the spring and small ball bearing under the thumb safety) and clean the gunk out of the mechanism. While you've got it apart you can smooth the trigger bar and the sides of the mini frame. A little polishing on the firing pin hook can help too. Lubricate it with some Rem Drilube with Teflon, and make sure you put a little shot on the firing pin hook and the sear. Personally I think milpros have some of the best triggers you can get in a polymer pistol. My PT145's breaks consistently at 4.5 pounds and it's extremely smooth - but I also did the aforementioned stuff to it. Here's a link to an excellent pictorial on a PT145 trigger job with lots of pics - it's basically the same for the PT111. PT145 Trigger Job

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
You have to understand how the trigger is designed. It is a single action trigger. But if you have a misfire, it reverts to double action so you can hit the primer again. Its hard to describe since the gun doesn't have a decocker. The initial play in the trigger is designed that way. Once you learn where the break and reset is, there isn't any reason to release trigger all the way back to the front. It is a great little gun and you can't go wrong with it if you get to like the trigger.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sell the gun, or get use to the trigger. The long take up is a PITA but there for a reason. I have a gen 3 PT-140 and no problem with the trigger with the exception of disliking the long take up, but the gun works fine. Never did a trigger job on mine, just broke in the gun properly.

Jim

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have two Millennium Pros...and can tell you that after getting used to the trigger pull, I'm very pleased and confident with them.

·
Administrator
40,171 Posts
If you shoot it a bit you will learn where the trigger resets. No need to allow it to go forward any further. You'll unconciously stop at the reset soon, and follow up shots are much quicker and shorter. It's just a developement for the feel, sort of thing.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Feeling for the reset

Feeling for the reset on the Millennium Pro is like feeling for where the clutch takes hold on a stick shift transmission.

Maybe you're too young for that. (grin) Go with what Smokewagon says

·
Registered
29,948 Posts
If you shoot it a bit you will learn where the trigger resets. No need to allow it to go forward any further. You'll unconciously stop at the reset soon, and follow up shots are much quicker and shorter. It's just a developement for the feel, sort of thing.
....that's it in a nut shell, can't get much plainer! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts