Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting the millennium pt145 pro. i heard there was a safty flaw with safty on the slide and the trigger and will can still fire this the safty on. dose any one know if taurus fixed that. i know that a few years a go.. thax for your in put.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have never had this occur with mine. I do some stupid things with my carry gun to make sure it doesnt ever do what I dont want it to do. I have tried that before with nothing happening

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

The MilPro PT145 will not fire with the safety on; at least we don't have any documented accounts on this forum of this happening, that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, I saw some stupid guy's video on YouTube, he depressed the trigger while applying the manual safety and said the safety did not work. That proved no matter what the gun manufacturers did to make the guns safe, the guns would never be safe in the hands of the idiots.

Welcome to the forum! The PT145 is a sweet gun for concealed carry. I hope you will get it soon.

Edit: I suggest you check out the PT45 on Bud's and Davidson's.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

I've never heard of this problem.

I've put over a 1,000 rounds through mine without a single burp.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had mine for over three years and about 3,000 rounds. No problems with it ever that I can remember. Its my primary carry. Since I do have more than one gun in my carry rotation, and my PT145 is the only one with a safety, I started carrying it with the safety off about 2 years ago. Quality gun belt, quality holster, and good booger hook control make the safety a non-issue.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Saw the same utube video, what an idiot.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I saw the same video.
Tried it. The trigger does move with the safety on but I didn't want to force it. It didn't snap with the safety on.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA. Nope never had any problem like that with mine....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
When you are inspecting your prospective buy (and you should inspect every pistol before you buy) and you have it on safe and pull the trigger, if it snaps gently hand it back to the salesman and ask to look at another. No pistol should fire when on safe and it is an aberration (an issue with that particular pistol) or that design would never have made it into production, if for no other reason than product liability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but over all a safe gun to carry?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, it is safe to carry with a round in the chamber. Many PT145 owners even never use the manual safety. As long as we keep the trigger finger off the trigger until we intend to shoot, it should not fire.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I carry mine all the time, and I still have all my fingers and toes. Gotta agree with Taurus10 - it takes an idiot to override the safety by pulling the trigger back before you engage it. Your booger hook shouldn't be on the trigger when the safety is engaged unless you're getting ready to shoot, and certainly shouldn't be on it with the safety off and a round chambered to begin with. There are those who will tell you it's safe to carry with the safety disengaged as long as you don't touch the trigger, but I disagree. The manual says the weapon can discharge if dropped with the safety disengaged, and there's at least one person who has posted on this forum with a bullet hole in her abdomen to prove it. Use a good holster that covers the trigger, carry it with the safety on, and don't drop it - which are good ideas for nearly any weapon. And remember, your number one safety is the 5 1/2" between your ears.

·
Administrator
39,888 Posts
It's safe. I carry mine with the safety engaged. As intended.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Yep, I saw some stupid guy's video on YouTube, he depressed the trigger while applying the manual safety and said the safety did not work. That proved no matter what the gun manufacturers did to make the guns safe, the guns would never be safe in the hands of the idiots.

Welcome to the forum! The PT145 is a sweet gun for concealed carry. I hope you will get it soon.

Edit: I suggest you check out the PT45 on Bud's and Davidson's.
You can make anything fool proof. You can't make anything stupid proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya i went to the gun shop to day to take a look at the pt145. and looks like they redid the trigger from the one on you tube video. liked the trigger on the new models. had to get it. thx for your help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts