Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bid in on gunbroker for a Millennium pt145. SS slide Millennum on the left side. At this moment I am starting to believe that this is a gen 1 Pro. Bad pics in the auction and not sure seller knows what he's selling. At this point, I may be the high bidder.

Question, was this a bad gun? The second mag is still in the wrapper. I've contacted the seller via email and finally with a phone call. Asked about Heine sights, dovetails, etc.. Bad info. Should I get stuck with this gun if it's the gen 1 Millennium? Thought it was the gen 3!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the generations. I have a gen3 140. Dovetail Heinies. Just got off the phone with the seller who didn't know what the dovetail was. He's willing to re-list it if I end up winning it and don't want it. Question is, for let's say $350 incl. FFL fees, would this be stupid. This would be DAO trigger and gen 1 problems? Does Taurus support this gun anymore?, etc.

Help.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Going to be up to you but I know of 3 different dealers here that have nib millennium pro 45's from $349 to $379, is go with a new one

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The warranty is for the life of the gun regardless of the generation and whether you're the original owner or the 2nd, 3rd owner. Some 1st gen PT145 owners reported the frame cracking problem on theirs so you will need to check the frame real good if you decide to get it. But then if the pistol has problems, Taurus will fix it for you.

·
Super Moderator
40,324 Posts
Show us the pictures that you don't want to take. ;)

Is there shipping involved to get it to you?

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The warranty is for the life of the gun regardless of the generation and whether you're the original owner or the 2nd, 3rd owner. Some 1st gen PT145 owners reported the frame cracking problem on theirs so you will need to check the frame real good if you decide to get it. But then if the pistol has problems, Taurus will fix it for you.
Taurus10. Virtually new Mil pro 145 gen 1. Would you not buy it?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have the PT145 3rd gen and that's an excellent pistol. The 2nd gen is also very good with a different trigger. I would get the 2nd or 3rd gen one right away if the price is right. But I am not going to get the PT145 1st gen because the frame is not as good as the frames of the later gens and also, the magazines for the 1st gen gun are hard to find.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If it's a first generation, I would pass. You can go to Slickgunguns.com and get a brand new one for $330-354 with free shipping. I got mine from there last week, and It was made in Feb. of this year according to Taurus USA. I wouldn't take a chance with someone who has no idea what there selling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.