Taurus Firearm Forum banner

721 - 740 of 751 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
The abused warrior:

View attachment 422417

I know it doesnt look special, and that alone should tell you how durable these things are. This poor bastard has been the test bed for every trigger prototype and change I have ever made, it has been disassembeled at least several hundred times, maybe closer to a thousand, it has been dropped backwards from 4 feet onto thin vynal covered concrete over 50 times, it has had thousands and thousands of rounds down the pipe, and it works like it is brand new.

The only thing that has started to show any real signs of wear is that the front frame/trigger box started getting a little loose in the frame, and that didnt even start happening until after a couple hundred times taking it apart and putting it back together. It wasnt even causing any issues, but I didnt like the wiggling. The sharper eyed might notice my gun has 4 frame pins instead of the normal 3, number 4 is a 2.5mm x 25mm pin that replaces the trigger pivot pin and locks the whole front assembly into the frame tight as a drum.

Dont know if you can tell, but I REALLY like this little gun.
You might want to go easy on it then . . .:icon_ poke:

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
Reactions: GreenWolf70

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Due to the trigger safety blade binding, I used a section of heat shrink tubing to defeat the blade. I DO use the manual safety in lieu of the trigger safety.
This method does not alter the firearm, so warranty stays intact.

G2C with her buddy, GSG 1911 .22 lr.

Reactions: CJS3 and slong115

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #725 (Edited)
Mine didn’t come with crayons:icon_ poke:
Did they get eaten by Marines? I heard someone call them a bunch of crayon eaters, and I have heard Marines called a lot of things, but that was a new one to me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Two Brazilians and their Spanish friend...

FF4A150E-551A-4445-8054-A79BFC414BB8.jpeg

Reactions: CJS3 and slong115

·
Registered
3 Posts
fullsizeoutput_480.jpeg IMG_3518.JPG

1200 rounds, no issues so far.
Just did the Lakeline recoil assembly/ striker guide/ fiber optic/ u-channel upgrades. Had a hard time getting the front sight to tighten up, but easy otherwise.
Might try a new trigger in the future but the installation is a little intimidating for me. Dan51, I like the heat shrink solution you got there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 436795 View attachment 436797

1200 rounds, no issues so far.
Just did the Lakeline recoil assembly/ striker guide/ fiber optic/ u-channel upgrades. Had a hard time getting the front sight to tighten up, but easy otherwise.
Might try a new trigger in the future but the installation is a little intimidating for me. Dan51, I like the heat shrink solution you got there.
Same here. Did the recoil guide rod and striker guide yesterday. Getting ready to change the sights soon. Nothing wrong with the factory sights that a new set of eyes wouldn’t fix. What trouble were you having getting the new front sight blade to tighten?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
After having issues with the factory paint coming off and rusting on my G2C, I tried other finishes, blued and repainted. I liked the blued look, but still had issues with rust. Unless I shell out a lot of cash, rattle can paint job didn't last long either. So I went with another less expensive option and that was Gunskins. Got to tell ya, application went pretty good with just a very few small blemishes, which can't be really seen unless you are real close. So now my pistol is rocking the GS Military OCP Black skin :D

Here's a few pics with each finish.

Blued:

Gunskins:

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #738
You might try sand blasting the slide and then spraying with a clear acrylic. Give it a few days to cure, it is a very hard finish. I used a satin clear acrylic over my camo paint jobs on my ARs and it has been doing a good job of protecting them. Flat Clear is just a frosted finish, but Satin Clear is a little flat and adds depth, while Gloss Clear is all shiny. With a sand, bead, or glass blasted finish, the acrylic will have plenty to hold on to and won't flake. Flaking is usually from a surface that has not been prepped correctly.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
721 - 740 of 751 Posts