Taurus Firearm Forum banner

701 - 720 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It required a bit of modification to get it to fit and clear since it's made for an airsoft gun LOL. But it is made of aluminum. You'll have to shave about an inch off the rear and then use a file to clear the interior of the bridge mount. As well as shave the bottom of the rail system so it has enough clearance for the slide (grinder really helps) This system isn't made for this gun so it also only allows for one of the screws to hold it on to the bottom mount (you can see there's two bolts missing) I'm considering drilling through the gun to get at least two of the bolts to slide in, but I have yet to field test it. I will post results this weekend once I've fired a clip or two though.

Link: https://www.airsoftgi.com/product/Walther-PPQ-GBB-Full-Metal-Accessory-Rail-16523/
You can also find this on Amazon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, but the result is pure fun! And functional... :) The 3" 000 buck in 410 is brutal. I've also had fun with the Hornady Triple Defense. The Winchester PDX is decent. But everybody turns their heads when I shoot the 3" 4 buck. That stuff is LOUD. lol. Not a great defense load beyond 3 feet, but sure sounds impressive... hahaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
First post but not my first Taurus. (This is my third now over the years.)

IMG_3086.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg

Really like this Millenium G2. I've only had a chance to put exactly 62 rounds through it. (A mag full of Hornady Critical Defense and a box of Federal from Walmart.) Reliability has been 100% thus far...and I tried pretty hard to induce a malfunction. Limp-wristed, shot it sideways, upside down, etc. IOW: acting stupid with it haha.

·
Vendor
146 Posts
The abused warrior:

20180808_183556.jpg

I know it doesnt look special, and that alone should tell you how durable these things are. This poor bastard has been the test bed for every trigger prototype and change I have ever made, it has been disassembeled at least several hundred times, maybe closer to a thousand, it has been dropped backwards from 4 feet onto thin vynal covered concrete over 50 times, it has had thousands and thousands of rounds down the pipe, and it works like it is brand new.

The only thing that has started to show any real signs of wear is that the front frame/trigger box started getting a little loose in the frame, and that didnt even start happening until after a couple hundred times taking it apart and putting it back together. It wasnt even causing any issues, but I didnt like the wiggling. The sharper eyed might notice my gun has 4 frame pins instead of the normal 3, number 4 is a 2.5mm x 25mm pin that replaces the trigger pivot pin and locks the whole front assembly into the frame tight as a drum.

Dont know if you can tell, but I REALLY like this little gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My G2C had some slide wear from my holster so last night i took some Mothers Metal polish and started in on removing the blueing from the slide. Took it down to what you see in the pics and inlayed some black into the lettering for a contrast look. I think i like it like this more than going all the way to a mirror finish. We will see. Also replaced the recoil assembly with solid steel assembly from Lakeline LLC and also their stainless striker guide that really smooths out the trigger action. Not sure why these images are all upside down but they show correctly when clicked. IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3111.JPG

·
Registered
675 Posts
My new bone stock G2C to keep my other 5 PT111 G2's company.

Reactions: Adamwest436
701 - 720 of 751 Posts