Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the latest Millenniums say "Millennium Pro" on the side or just Millennium, and have the Pro on the other side? I want to know so i can buy one from gunbroker dot com.

·
Administrator
39,899 Posts
Third. Rumor is there is a fourth gen. But I'm not convinced of that yet. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
intresting. i was wondering why it didnt say millenium pro on the left side like all the other ones and has a rail on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
is there a reason for that. i feel like im missing out on the pro series and it isnt function as well as it should. although i have put 150 rounds through it, no hiccups, and i just got it. i love that gun. along with my glock 19, im having fun at the range. all i need now is a long gun for long distant shooting since i am a 5 time award expert in the marine corps. not that im tooting my own horn, lol

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Apparently they made the change for 3rd Generation. Still the same gun, but Did not put the Millenium Pro all on one side. I have the PT111 Pro. and mine is just that way too. We have heard and seen on TV the ones with the rail, but I have not seen it live yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 3rd generation PT140 Pro. It is , for sure, SA/DA. It also says "MILLENIUM" on the left side of the slide and
"PT140 PRO" on the right side. It does not have a rail. I believe that only the PT145s have a rail. The 3rd generation MIL PROs have a "Z" as the first or second character of the serial number. My only complaint with it is the HUGE amount of trigger travel before it fires. The actual pull after taking up the "slack" is even and light both SA and DA. It shoots well from a rest but I'm pulling low and left free handed. I shoot well with both my 1911 45 and my Taurus 605SH2 357 (titanium - 16 ounces) so I guess that I'll just have to adjust to the PT140s excessive free travel. Are the rest of you experiencing this travel (over 1/2 inch) with the MIL PROs?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My pt111 says millennium pro on the left side of the pistol.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine says Millenium on the left side and PT145 Pro on the right. It also has a light rail. Does this mean I have a 3rd gen?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I almost bought the 145 instead of the 140 because of the lack of a rail on the 140, but I really like the 40 calibre

·
Registered
52 Posts
firemax said:
Mine says Millenium on the left side and PT145 Pro on the right. It also has a light rail. Does this mean I have a 3rd gen?
My 40 S&W Taurus also says Millenium on the left side and PT140 Pro on the right side. The Pt140 Pro's have no rail but it is SA/DA and clearly a 3rd generation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a PT140 with "Millennium" on the left and "PT140 Pro". It's a third gen., but does not have a "Z" as the first or second letter of the serial number.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Pt145 has a Z in the serial string, says "Millennium Pro" on the left side of the slide, Pt 145 on the right. Taurus says it was made in March 06. It has the rail and is DAO.
Does this muddle the issue even more or clear things up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts