Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee I hate to appear dumb, but I'll ask anyway.
On the Taurus web site, they list many of the Mil Pro models as DA/SA. How do you re-set to DA with a loaded chamber? They don't list them as having a De-cocker safety. Or are they all DAO, and it's just a typo error?
Thanx, d_m627

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I'm not mistaken when you rack the slide and chamber a round you should have a short SA trigger pull. Now if you pull the trigger and it doesnt go bang (bad primer, insufficient strike, etc) then the trigger will revert to a DA pull and give you another chance to fire the round. Other than that it is SA.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cletus. After your response, I went back and checked the Taurus site. They list the 24/7 series as SA/DA. That fits with what you said. But, they list the Mil Pro 111, and some others as DA/SA. (132s and 745s as DAO). I still haven't figured it out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Taurus site is usually behind the curve. It doesn't help when various 'generations' of pistol have different triggers and other primary features.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didnt notice the order they listed the action in as you did. So it might be different than the 24/7. Hopefully someone with a 3rd gen mill pro will jump into the thread and give you an answer. Best of luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are correct cletus. SA/DA for the PT-111 MilPro as you initially described it. Always SA unless there is a misfire then DA to SA again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts