Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up today for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately when I went to Taurus’ web site I find that the Millennium Pro series is no longer in production. WTF? I trust my Lifetime warranty will be good but it always makes me feel a bit squeamish when I see something I bought no longer being made. Anyone else bothered by this? And I guess WHY did they stop? Not successful enough; production problems?-----:???:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have a few guns that were discontinued but I was not bothered by that because Taurus gave me the life time warranty on the guns.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
There is a gozillion PT-145 owners/fans out here including yours truly.

Don't believe every thing you see on the internet...remember GEICO's French model?

anyway...Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
The PT145 has been out a very long time, and it's not so much they 'had' to stop making it as they are likely going to start producing the PT145 G2 very soon. Happens with all manufacturers sooner or later. There wasn't anything wrong with my Windows XP, but they are all the way up to Windows 8 now. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, check the site for 2013 production models. the G2 is coming out and looks a bit like the 24/7 and PT145 had a baby and created perfection! But, with that being said I am more than happy with the features, feel and reliability of my "outdated" PT145! Congrats on the find, they only increase in value, I got mine for $380 and see them go online for no less than $500...

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/2013_taurus_catalog.pd

Here is the MILLENIUM G2, only in 9mm and .40cal, just gotta wait for the .45!
MillenniumG2-PT111-300x444.jpg
Compared to my PT145 "gen or version3"
DSC_4589.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 24/7 G2 Compact version is something to look at though, manual safety decocker and .45ACP, anybody know a round count?

It will be 10+1 and 27oz.

What i don't get is why the MILLENIUM G2 9mm will be 10+1 and the .40cal will be 12+1...??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all. Just got nervous. Feel OK now!!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I came onto this thread to read more about my awesome PT145 and you tell me there's going to be a PT145 G2. I've got 5 pistols right now, how do I tell my wife I need number 6 or 7 or 8 or ... ?

Reactions: darbo and Grimm

·
Registered
118 Posts
I understand that it is a longer mag, but same dimensions and 2 more rds. of fatter .40 than the 9mm model? Typo or oddity...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gyro, I was thinking the same thing. I only have the two pistols, but trying to talk my wife into another? There better be a little sweetener involved ... Like one for her!

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have the PT745 Pro and with the demise of the Pro series, I bought a second PT745 to keep in the save if I ever wear out the first one. I hate starting over.

Personally, I'm not sure I would send a post production model back to Taurus. My experience and from what I have observed is that Taurus drops parts production just as fast as they dropped the models. I watch some of the return time reports on several discontinued models that I have in my lineup and they can be quite long and I always wonder if "used" parts from salvaged warranty work are used. Same with special run guns, no spares.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I came onto this thread to read more about my awesome PT145 and you tell me there's going to be a PT145 G2. I've got 5 pistols right now, how do I tell my wife I need number 6 or 7 or 8 or ... ?
Very Gently.....:)

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
...how do I tell my wife I need number 6 or 7 or 8 or ... ?
There are a lot of us here at TA who will stand with you and help you in many ways, but once in a while, brother, you're on your own. :D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
There are a lot of us here at TA who will stand with you and help you in many ways, but once in a while, brother, you're on your own. :D

And we'll be thinking about you and giving moral support!

Reactions: Grimm

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The PT145 has been out a very long time, and it's not so much they 'had' to stop making it as they are likely going to start producing the PT145 G2 very soon. Happens with all manufacturers sooner or later. There wasn't anything wrong with my Windows XP, but they are all the way up to Windows 8 now. ;)
Very well-stated, sir. :thumb:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The 45ACP G2 is already on the Taurus website. It is stamped 'STANDARD' ......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts