Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, went back to the range and shot better, Thanks for the tips on shooting with the stock sites. I'm getting closer and closer, great gun. Magazine fell out because I wasn't holding it properly, and hit the mag release button, no mechnical failure, just human error.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
The PT145 is one of my all time favorite carry pieces, you'll find lots of like minded folks here.

Good to hear you're getting comfortable with yours. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Looks like you are finding your zone and you know what they say about practice. You'll get better and enjoy it more.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The PT145 is one of my all time favorite carry pieces, you'll find lots of like minded folks here.

Good to hear you're getting comfortable with yours. ;)
Yeah it definatley my favorite carry piece that' I've owned. I lke it at the range too, fun gun to shoot

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like you are finding your zone and you know what they say about practice. You'll get better and enjoy it more.

View attachment 20483
Yeah, once I knew where to aim it's getting closer. Love the gun, the way it shoots and feels in the hand. Can carry it in my holster with a larger thn my size shirt, all really good about this pistol, nothing bad at all to say about it!!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new PT145.

It appears that you have yourself a real winner!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your new PT145.

It appears that you have yourself a real winner!
It's a great pistol, better than I could imagine it could be. Sold me on Taurus's. It's my carry gun, I feel very safe and secure with it!!!!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
""Magazine fell out because I wasn't holding it properly, and hit the mag release button, no mechnical failure, just human error.""

Congrats and Great target-- The mag issue was something that happened to me my first couple times out... I have been tempted to put a small bead of hot glue under the thumb recess and above the mag release.. So far I got a grip on the problem..

I see you have a Winchester Model 12 in 16 ga --- as do I and it will never be sold... it will go to the son and then grandson.. I have had it well over 40 yrs and its a great shooting gun. dad bought it used and it was my first gun that was not single shot..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
""Magazine fell out because I wasn't holding it properly, and hit the mag release button, no mechnical failure, just human error.""

Congrats and Great target-- The mag issue was something that happened to me my first couple times out... I have been tempted to put a small bead of hot glue under the thumb recess and above the mag release.. So far I got a grip on the problem..

I see you have a Winchester Model 12 in 16 ga --- as do I and it will never be sold... it will go to the son and then grandson.. I have had it well over 40 yrs and its a great shooting gun. dad bought it used and it was my first gun that was not single shot..
Yeah, it's a great gun. That's the only time it happened, and I was like "what the Hell" then I realized what I had done. Yes , My Winchester Model 12 was my Mom's 1 year wedding anniversary gift to my Dad. He died in 1989, and they were married 36 years at the time, so this April 11th it will be 60 years since she bought it for him. I got it when he passed. It was my first gun as well I wouldn't sell it for anything, still take it out every now and then to shoot it, clean it and put it away until the next time. I have a almost 6 year old son (on April 15th, he'll be 6) and someday it will be his, and he knows it can never ever be sold, and I will reinforce that until he get's it when he turns 18. I'll be 65 then..lol, so I'm sure I won't be shootng it much at that point!!!! But it will stay in the family, then he can pass it on to his son someday!!!!

Reactions: harley 1986
1 - 9 of 9 Posts