Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Millennium PT111 Pro for a few weeks now and have shot well over 1000 rounds through it. It has always shot low and left. Being new to handguns I figured it was user error and have made no corrections except to aim high and right to adjust for it. Here are the results of that..

This is 98 rounds shot anywhere from 5 yds to 15 yds. Still compensating for low left.

So I decided to try a PT145 as I have been contemplating getting one anyway. Now keep in mind this is a rental gun from my local gun range that I have never held before.

50 rounds at the same 5 - 15 yds. My low left problem went away with this gun. The worst part was I loved the feel of the PT145 so will pick it up this weekend.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Both are excellent handguns. It's just the matter of which one that feels better in your hand and you can shoot better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both feel well in the hand. Although I do like the feedback of the 45 maybe just a little more.

Still using stock sights on my 9mm that I havent adjusted yet. Will work on that next time at the range.It was just really interesting to me to see such a difference.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Years ago when I first test drove the PT-111 & PT-145 I came to the same dilemma.

It was easily solved by buying one of each, which lead to buying more of the same.

They are as habit forming as 1911's, yet imminently more practical (in my opinion) to concealed carry in the hot, humid, salt sea air environment I live and work in.
:r_c:

·
Super Moderator
14,268 Posts
The worst part was I loved the feel of the PT145 so will pick it up this weekend.
Actually, I believe that's the best part. You have found what works and you have the resources to make the purchase. Congratulations!

·
Administrator
41,076 Posts
I started with the PT111 DAO. Stepped up to the PT145 shortly after. Both great shooters, but .45 became the preference. In a moment of weakness, I sold the PT111. I still get to see it once in a while, and even wish sometimes I had it back!

Attachments

Reactions: No1ofConsequence

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I actually started with the PT145 and picked up a PT111 a few weeks later because I liked the 145 so much. I got the 111 to save a little on ammo. I like them both but definitely prefer the 145. I don't regret owning both and neither will you I suspect!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had similar results with the PT145. I had bought a PT1911, first .45 ACP, but knew it was too big for EDC. Saw a PT145 a few days later and picked it up. Brought both to the range and both were much better shooters than I am. I do like my PT92 for plinking as 9mm is easier on the wallet (but not by much anymore!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your off horizontal and vertical with your 111...the 45 is a well broken in rental....put a few more rounds through your 111(like 500) then adjust sights. To me, it looks like your pulling.

·
Administrator
18,650 Posts
My PT-111 shoots to Point of Aim, using a dead on hold sight picture. Your PT-111 should, too.

You might try a little "Group Therapy" using the Chart below. If you are left handed, I have one for that, too!

Right Handed Chart

Reactions: No1ofConsequence

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well it started with a .22 SLR 94 revolver..It held up to 13 years of my abuse and the Kids are abusing it now...Its still kickin..Then I got a Pt 111 I could not miss with I`m still hitting steel at 150 yds with it..Then a couple of months later I bought a Pt 1911 We the gun and I worked out the kinks and I am happy with shooting it also...I mean Taurus has really beefed up its product and its name...Ps My main problem with thePT 1911Ar SS.... Was to much on my mind and anticipation of recoil when I relaxed let go and enjoyed myself the Pt 1911 performed Flawlessly...

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
PT140 here split right down the middle and that's where I'll stay. ;)

·
Administrator
18,650 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the target!! Will put that to use.
I am still not 100% sold to adjusting the sights just yet on my PT111 Pro. May try this target a few times and see where that gets me.

I did end up getting a PT140 Pro this weekend however. I have managed another 100 shots at the range with it and it is spot on at 10 yards out. I am enjoying it as much as I do my 9mm. I set out set on a PT145 Pro but there were none on the market that are in the right price range. Will save that gun for another day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts