Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Millenium Pro pistols with the picatinny rail on them, but don't see them listed on Taurus' website.

anyone know the story with these?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some members claim how out-of-date the website is. I haven't looked at the site in a while, but supposedly the only Pro with a rail is the PT145. The PT745 might as well, but I don't own one.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well from another link in here, I saw a picture of a PT111, with a rail. Apparently there are some out there somewhere.

mjfletcher

Re: which generation PT111 do I have?
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:56:58 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a link that might help the other day when I was looking for the answer to this question.

http://blog.boiledfrog.us/archives/...the-Taurus-Millennium-and-Millennium-Pro.html

·
Administrator
35,410 Posts
I think that is bogus - I'm pretty sure that only the PT145 has a rail, at least for now. I'd bet if that gun were flipped over, it would be a 45acp.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
texastaurusguy said:
I think that is bogus - I'm pretty sure that only the PT145 has a rail, at least for now. I'd bet if that gun were flipped over, it would be a 45acp.
from my research, looks like some do, some don't. I just scored a PT145 on gunbroker that has one.

I don't understand "if it were flipped over, it would be a 45ACP"?

EDIT: think I understand your first bit. Apparently there's some MilPros with rails, some without. I know there's a 9mm and a .40 24/7 Pro compact that have the rails.

If I were a betting man, I'd say allthe MilPros were about to be renamed 24/7 Pro Compacts.....

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
First off, the Mill Pro series of guns is different than the 24/7 Compact guns. The easy way to tell them apart is the frame/grip area. The 24/7 has the ribber looking area and the Mill Pro is hard plastic.

There are both railed and non-railed Mill-Pros out there. It depends on when they were made. You can't trust Gunbroker to know what generation the gun is. You also can't tell how long a particular gun sat on a distributer or a gun shops shelf waiting to be sold. I wouldn't be surprised to find, somewhere, a new 2nd gen for sale.

Taurus_Jeeper, could you please provide pictures of your PT145 so we can better understand where you are coming from.

Steelheart

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry, Steelheart, this is not correct.

There's a few 24/7 Pro models without the ribber grip. The .45 models apparently don't have the ribber grip, as well as several of the other models.

I, too, thought that the ribber surface was endemic to the 24/7 models. I was wrong- figured this out when I received the 24/7 Pro in .45 and it only had the polymer.

Hope this doesn't seem negative, but it is accurate, both from my experience and the experience of several local and national vendors.

Believe me, I wish it were true that the 24/7 all had the ribber grip. I find it very comfortable.

Once I get my PT145 from the vendor (should be here next Friday- has been paid for and the FFL transfer is in progress), I'll be happy to provide pics. I should probably clarify that I verified this is a new production weapon, has the picatinny rail, and is a PT145 Pro, in SA/DA trigger. Perhaps the "Pro" variant is the difference?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper I'm sorry to sound a little fustrated but you really need to do better research.

First off Stealheart was talking about the ribber grips on the compact models. They don't have a .45 compact yet only 9mm and .40 cal and they both have ribber grips. The full size .45 is the only 24/7 pro that does not have ribber grips.

Second I really hope your not a betting man because you would be in big trouble. There is already a 24/7 compact that mimics the full size 24/7. The mill pro is a different model even though it does have similiar features. Why would they name the mill pro the new compact when there is already a compact 24/7 model? Save your money.

Third per Maria 3/07/08 3:17 central time @ TaurusUSA.com (go to website for #) only the older mill with dao triggers have rails and the new pt145 mill pro with the sa/da trigger have rails. THE NEW SA/DA TRIGGER PT111 AND PT140 DO NOT HAVE RAILS AND AS OF NOW TAURUS IS NOT PLANNING ON RELEASING THEM WITH RAILS.

Steelheart & Texas TaurusGuy you are right.

Again don't mean to come of rude but this topic has gone to long and it doesn't seem that you want to listen to anybody so I gave you some PROOF! Feel free to call Maria @ taurus or speak with someone else.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not quite sure what your problem is, that requires you to post in all caps.

I asked a question, and related some information that I'd found.

I don't believe I ever stated that I knew it all, just related information I'd found.

Have a good day. Life's too short to argue with faceless folks on the internet. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of this could be avoided if Taurus would make better deliniations between the different models, and generations of same. Example: Other than scrollwork, what's the difference between the latest Millenium Pro and 24/7 Pro Compact?

Sorry if you took offense, but I'm honestly not sure what it was you took offense at. I wasn't being argumentative- believe me, if you want argumentative, I know where you can find it. But I haven't presented any- just discussing the question at hand, offering what I'd found, with an aim to see if I'd been misinformed or misunderstood what I'd found.

All of which, as you might notice, was just me doing my research- came here to ask folks who know more than I about the subject.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This brings another question, which I'm sure you can explain to me-

since you've got the line on more information than I- what ARE the differences between MilPro and 24/7 Pro pistols?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You are right Taurus_Jeep. Please except my apology. I just wanted to make it clear.
Have a good day and I look forward to talking with you in the future.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
This brings another question, which I'm sure you can explain to me-

since you've got the line on more information than I- what ARE the differences between MilPro and 24/7 Pro pistols?
The biggest difference is the grip. The compact 24/7's have the same ribber grip design just a little shorter.
The compacts do have the rails. The mill pros offer a .45 and the 24/7 compacts don't at this time that I'm aware of. The indexing is more distinct on the compacts. And the Mill Pros are a little thinner 1.125" compared to the 1 1/4" of the 24/7 compact.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very good sir, and you're a good man for apologizing.

I apologize, again, as well- don't want anyone to think I meant to come across as cross or antagonistic.

Good on ya, looking forward to learning more from you folks as time goes on-- you've already explained a huge amount of things that were confusing me regarding Taurus' line.
:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weaponize said:
The biggest difference is the grip. The compact 24/7's have the same ribber grip design just a little shorter.
The compacts do have the rails. The mill pros offer a .45 and the 24/7 compacts don't at this time that I'm aware of. The indexing is more distinct on the compacts. And the Mill Pros are a little thinner 1.125" compared to the 1 1/4" of the 24/7 compact.
Hope that helps
Very much so. I've been going back and forth between getting a MilPro or a 24/7 Pro Compact in 40 and 9 for carry.

I know it's not really needed to have more than one gun. Some would say even one gun is not needed though, true? (Heck, at one point I was one of the folks saying that civilians really don't have a need for a gun. Funny the way things turn out, innit? :) )

·
Registered
876 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
(Heck, at one point I was one of the folks saying that civilians really don't have a need for a gun. Funny the way things turn out, innit? :) )
How anti gun were you and what changed your mind? This might be very enlightening for those of us who have always assumed guns as a no-brainer.

·
Registered
493 Posts
tman said:
How anti gun were you and what changed your mind? This might be very enlightening for those of us who have always assumed guns as a no-brainer.
I agree with tman what did change your mind. I was never really antigun myself just didn't know a lot about them and always had a small fear of having one. After a lot interest and asking questions and even having some training the fear was taken away and I knew that I wanted to purchase one.
There is a qoute that I've heard several times on this site, other sites and face to face is "When seconds matter the police are only a few minutes away". Now I have a new respect for guns minus the fear and know that myself, my family or even a bystander are a little safer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts