Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has been posted before, and I did do a search but was unable to find the info.

I want to replace the Heine Straight 8 sights on my Millennium PT111 with 3 dot Novak sights. What is the part number, so that I can order from Taurus?

Also, how difficult is it to replace this?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I sat on the phone with Taurus for an hour (waiting) and the part number they gave me wasn't assured to work for my 111 mil pro.

What I did was to file the top off my front sight and then painted the edge yellow fingernail polish. Yellow on the top edge of the rear blades too.
It does make a big difference in low light.
All for $1.07 including tax.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sat on the phone with Taurus for an hour (waiting) and the part number they gave me wasn't assured to work for my 111 mil pro.

What I did was to file the top off my front sight and then painted the edge yellow fingernail polish. Yellow on the top edge of the rear blades too.
It does make a big difference in low light.
All for $1.07 including tax.
Interesting. I wonder if the sights from the g2 will work on the Millenium Pro version.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I called Taurus for the two dot rear sight about 6 months ago. They didn't give me a part number, but said they had them and I ordered it. I haven't heard from them since, so I bought a set of Williams Fire Sights from Brownells.

FIRE SIGHTS | Brownells

TAURUS DOVETAIL FIRE SIGHT SET
962-000-086WB
Fits Taurus PT/Pro w/dovetail sights, Fixed

Mfr Part: 70897

$49.95
In Stock

Sight Color: Red/Green

Style: 3-Dot, Fiber Optic

I hope this helps.

Denny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts