Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success with high capacity mags with the latest Gen of the Millenium PRO PT145 45 cal? I have read some info on it working with the P14 (Paraordinace) mag but I called a dealer and they said that it didn't work. It would be very appealing to have a PRO PT145 and be able to put a 14 rd mag or higher into to it and have it work flawlessly. If anyone has had success please tell us about it.

CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I know for sure the PT111, will take the 24/7 9mm 17 rd mag, and I have heard but not tried the sig 226/228 might work in 9 mm. Now if that applies to the PT145, I am sure it would with the 24/7 in 45 but that would only give you 12+1 capacity.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robby said " know for sure the PT111, will take the 24/7 9mm 17 rd mag". Yes, this is true. I have the PT111 and have (1) 24/7 mag that works flawlessly with it. Looking to purchase two more 24/7 mags in the near future. I like the compact structure of the PT111 and am looking for that in the PT145, but with higher capacity mags that work with this model.

CDP

·
Administrator
35,276 Posts
Guys, you're well armed with a 10 round mag - that's 3 more than the PT1911 gives you, and if you can't get it done with 10, plus 10 more in your spare mag, then it's time to call in an artillery strike anyway......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always felt that it is better and safer to have to many of something than have not enough. Especially if in a situation where you can only rely on youself to get through it.

CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I currently have 4 12 rd mags, and 1 17 rd mag, that gives me 65 possible before reloading becomes a problem. Of course, I only carry one plus the one in the gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from the Bass Pro Shop, I was firing the PT111 at the range. Stop by the firearms department. I was curious to see if the 24/7 Pro 45 cal 12+1 mag would fit the PT145. The sales guy tried the mag into the PT145 and it worked! So, the PT145 will accept the 12+1 mag from the 24/7 45 cal pro.

CDP

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Dont forget that you might not need the extra ammo but might have a malfuntion. Like a double feed that requires you to switch mags and is a pain in the butt to clear you are out of the fight. I'd rather have a back up even if it was a 22 mouse gun BG don't know the difference of whats going bang and they don't like to blead.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
CDP said:
Just got back from the Bass Pro Shop, I was firing the PT111 at the range. Stop by the firearms department. I was curious to see if the 24/7 Pro 45 cal 12+1 mag would fit the PT145. The sales guy tried the mag into the PT145 and it worked! So, the PT145 will accept the 12+1 mag from the 24/7 45 cal pro.
I am so hurt!! :rolleyes: You did not believe me!! :D Yeah, I have fired off several mags of 9mm thru my PT111 with a 24/7 mag. No malfunctions, and it even drops free better than one of my 12 rd mags that came with the gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robby said "I am so hurt!! You did not believe me!! Yeah, I have fired off several mags of 9mm thru my PT111 with a 24/7 mag. No malfunctions, and it even drops free better than one of my 12 rd mags that came with the gun". I believe you, I believe you, I believe youuuuuuu..........., I known, I was there!

CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Obviously the advantage of 5 additional rounds, compared to maybe 2, makes it better if you use the 9mm, compared to the 45. If I had only gained 2 rds, I would never have bought the mag.
Oh and I am so glad ya'll got this old country boys joke!! about not believing me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am looking for a good conceal holster for my PT111 Pro and that will also fit the PT145. Has anyone had any experience with the Fobus paddel holster, SP11B? Any other holster suggestions, IWB or OWB or combo.

CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
CDP said:
I am looking for a good conceal holster for my PT111 Pro and that will also fit the PT145. Has anyone had any experience with the Fobus paddel holster, SP11B? Any other holster suggestions, IWB or OWB or combo.
CDP
The sp11b does seem to fit both, and has small adjustment on the retention. But if you look at the cross reference holster charts, some of theirs that fit other guns will fit the Mil Pro line. Just as the sp11b will fit the other makers guns. Check out the listings, I believe it is the 2nd link on the left side of their web site. It is a PDF file, and lists most of what they sell. Some items may not even be on the regular link.

·
Registered
876 Posts
CDP said:

CDP
I'm always happy to recommend the Comp-Tac CTAC holster. It fits the entire MilPro Series, I think.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/pro...id=61&osCsid=65b1b35e360e5c15ba6b2bd2a1190387

Make sure you get a good, sturdy belt designed to carry the weight of the holstered gun. If you don't you may very well end up with the butt/grip of the gun leaning way out and exposing you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have a CTAC for my Mil Pro 45. it fits great, stays where you put it and is easy to re-holster.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In response to the original post, I'm successfully using the Taurus 24/7 .45ACP 12 rd mags in my PT145 Pro (3rd Gen) with no problems at all. Of course, I'd prefer the orig. 10rd mag for the PT145 Pro but seeing that they are sold out everywhere except Taurus, I find the 24/7 mags to be an excellent alternative.

The end of the 24/7 mag does stick out of the mag well in the PT145 Pro, but it snaps into place cleanly and does not wiggle at all. I've run a mix of 200+ rounds of 230gr. hardball and Rem GS 185gr. (not +P) with no FTE's or FTF's. They drop cleanly and give more finger room to catch the falling mag.

·
Registered
124 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Guys, you're well armed with a 10 round mag - that's 3 more than the PT1911 gives you, and if you can't get it done with 10, plus 10 more in your spare mag, then it's time to call in an artillery strike anyway......
Nuke it from orbit... Only way to be sure!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have both the 24/7 in .45 and PT145. As previously stated, my 24/7 mags work in my PT145 too...
I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for a decent Kydex IWB holster for my PT145. I decided to make one and hope to have it done tomorrow. I carry my Kimber Ultracarry every day in a IWB Kydex holster and love it!

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had the opprtunity to try both the 24/7 45 cal 12rd mag and the Para-Ordinance P14 14rd mag in the PT145 Pro. The 24/7 felt like the best fit, while the Para-Ordinance fit but did not drop cleanly when the mag release was initiated, I had to pull it out. I don't know if the P14 has to be broken in bt the PT145 Pro in order for it to release better? Has anyone else tried the P14 mag with better results? It would be great if this mag worked as well as the 24/7 mag.

CDP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts