Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Taurus has discontinued this pistol. Why...I don't know. I am trying to get one for my wife. She has never fired a weapon before but I wanted her to have a small 32 calliber pistol that she could carry/conceal. I don't want her to be afraid of any weapons but I know that she will be. The 32 seems the right choice, especially if you put hollow points in the mag.
Anyone know of where I can pick one of these up? Or maybe some other suggestion.
Most appreciated.
K-Man:confused:

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Sorry can't help with the 32, but Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I know that Taurus has discontinued this pistol. Why...I don't know. I am trying to get one for my wife. She has never fired a weapon before but I wanted her to have a small 32 calliber pistol that she could carry/conceal. I don't want her to be afraid of any weapons but I know that she will be. The 32 seems the right choice, especially if you put hollow points in the mag.
Anyone know of where I can pick one of these up? Or maybe some other suggestion.
Most appreciated.
K-Man:confused:
Hello and welcome to TA.net.

I can't say why this particular weapon was discontinued but the same thing happened to my favorite carry gun- the PT145.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can help you.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The Ace Hardware on Hwy 92 in Acworth Georgia has one. Bit expensive though.

P. S. It's new in the box.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Well, so far my wife's Keltec P32 has ran great(keeping in mind my usual fluff and buff)
and after putting on Traction grips it has been a great CCW for her......
On a side note, you could try to find your wife a TCP732.....;)

·
32,658 Posts
Haven't seen any for sale anywhere and my two are not for sale.

Here is a post form another thread. QUOTE:Now that that has been clarified the Taurus PT132 of mine has had only 500 rounds through it and no hiccups so far.

I like the trigger pull which is light. Racking the slide posed no problems. No problems for me that is. Guys have bit more physical strength normally. Yes there are exceptions to that. :)

Sights are easy to pick up and holding steady on target seems easy.

Recoil is very mild. I have the PT111 Mil/pro and the difference in recoil between the two calibers is noticeable. Neither is unbearable by any means. Just that there is less recoil and bark with the .32 ACP.

The case can be made for the .32 ACP.
CZ-83 - Who Likes The .32 ACP?
Other takes on the PT132:

Help Trigger problem on new PT132 Pro
PT132 mags
PT132 Pro
Hello from Wisconsin
Taurus PT58HCSS
This is about what caliber and gun combo fit her and her needs. If she can shoot the mini-.380s, not problem. Then she needs to go to these.
If the checklists are followed in what to look for prior to buying one cannot get into trouble.
Revolver Checkout Procedure
Buying a Used Handgun
Buying A Handgun
cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=1180

Problem is that many do not or make things up as they go along.

Infamiliartity with the gun and not reading and understanding the gun manual that comes with the Taurus gun are a great majority of the time why there are problems.

Second thing. People buying for the first time and no little or nothing about the firearms at all are on the rise in great numbers. It behooves these people to take basic NRA or NSSF accredited basic handgun courses to get a starting and useful knowledge about firearms.

Find a beginner course near you.
First Shots: For New Shooters

NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training Note: Check the left row for NRA basic courses.
For new beginning women shooters:
Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics

NSSF - National Shooting Sports Foundation She needs to go to one these first. Once she knows which gun/caliber combo meets her needs then she can decide what firearm fits her and her needs. If that was done already, then no harm or foul.

This will be helpful for her as well. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/bustles-bows-bullets/64578-list-your-women-guns-site-source.html

From another post from another thread. Quote:Some females start out with several ways in the shooting biz. :)

Starting them with .22lrf firearms as already mentioned. Then going on to the bigger calibers.

There are those who start out with mild centerfire calibers. The .32s in revolver or pistol guise. Mild .38 Special rounds.

There are some who can start off right away with the 9x19 calibers on up in size with no problems.

For example, I've got such a case right now. The grown daughter wants to go from rimfire to centerfire handguns for CCW carry.

She's recoil sensitive. No problem. She's being introduced to the .32 calibers. No not powerhouses, but with the right loads these are above the .22lrf in power and have a better chance of stopping a attack.

So to the range we will go with the Taurus PT132 Mil Pros ( used gun items only now), the CZ 83 in that caliber, and several revolvers in .32. The Taurus 327 snub revolver can handle the .32 S&W Long or the .32 H&R magnum rounds with aplomb. Hornady and Buffalo Bore are marketing rounds in this caliber that are potent. It's a case of working her way up the ladder caliber wise. We'll see what meets her needs and go from there.

Should that work out another trip with the .38 Specials, .380ACP pistols ( Beretta 85, Taurus PT58), or the 9x19 round pistols are in order.

Baby steps will be taken if needed. No rushing through any of this. End of quote.

Here's another thread that covers things well. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/bustles-bows-bullets/106154-right-gun-woman-according-women.html

Now THAT ALL of that has been said if the gun is a Taurus TCP PT738 under no circumstances shoot so called +P ammo out of it. SAAMI ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportin...s'_Institute

SAAMI | Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute ) does not have a rating for +P for the .380 ACP and for good reasons. Mainly due to safety reasons. The gun could blow up due to too high a pressure and ammo makers who make +P .380 ammo are not members of SAAMI. That means that the ammo might and can be loaded to pressures that that caliber and gun combo cannot handle at all. The pressures put on the gun will be too much for it.

IF the gun is a Taurus PT58 or a Beretta 84,85, or 86 (.380 pistols), then one might get away with using the +P ammo. Those are larger pistols that should be able to handle the +P ammo, but even that is not a given. User beware is what is being said.

The Buffalo Bore and other ammo with hard cast bullet rounds actually penetrate more than 31 inches of ballistic gel.

The recommended amount of penetration is 6-12 inches of penetration depending on the Federal, other Federal agencies, or from actual street use documentation. Regular premium ammo from all of the ammo makers has more than enough penetration for any situation for defensive use.

Use of ball or FMJ ammo is a very bad idea for any number of well documented reasons by professionals.

It's better to use a Premium brand ammo hollowpoint bullet of some kind. Over penetration IS something that has to be considered. This is for moral and ethical reasons.
Infamiliartity with the gun and not reading and understanding the gun manual that comes with the Taurus gun are a great majority of the time why there are problems.

Second thing. People buying for the first time and no little or nothing about the firearms at all are on the rise in great numbers. It behooves these people to take basic NRA or NSSF accredited basic handgun courses to get a starting and useful knowledge about firearms.

Find a beginner course near you.
First Shots: For New Shooters

NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training Note: Check the left row for NRA basic courses.
For new beginning women shooters:
Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics

NSSF - National Shooting Sports Foundation

That about covers things. WHEW!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts