Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a millennium pro pt-111 9mm my son Told me that there was a striker firing pin problem .Gun can go off when dropped w/ safety engaged.
Is this true and is there a recall ? Thks

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I own a millennium pro pt-111 9mm my son Told me that there was a striker firing pin problem .Gun can go off when dropped w/ safety engaged.
Is this true and is there a recall ? Thks
It sounds like what happened to the original Ruger SR9. Ruger did issue the recall to fix the trigger to make it safer. I never heard of a Taurus recall.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It sounds like what happened to the original Ruger SR9. Ruger did issue the recall to fix the trigger to make it safer.....
I have one of the early ones & I loved that trigger feel. I held off for a long time before sending it back for the recall & wished I never had. The new trigger feels like a thumbtack. G2 trigger is much better & I'm not crazy about shoe trigger safeties either.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Have 4-5000 rnds thru my PT111mp that I bought new, no recall notice. Been a great pistol.

I do try very hard not to drop any loaded firearm, if it did go off, I wouldn't blame it.

·
Administrator
39,480 Posts
I believe all that was from one incident, from about six or seven years ago. Seems that the plaintiff was carrying more items than he could safely handle, dropped his pistol, resulting in shooting himself. Sued, Taurus settled, and that was it. I think.

No recalls I ever heard of.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I have a Mil-Pro PT-140 and accidentally knocked it off the sink in the bathroom (it got tangled on a towel). It hit the tile floor and didn't discharge (and scared the H-E-Double Toothpick) out of me. I don't trust ANY pistol. Ever. It was careless and stupid on my part, but the safety and striker block worked perfectly. I wounded if the discharges were due to the Plaintiff leaving the safety disengaged, but that isn't spelled out in any of the articles.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think that is just another case of I don't care what I did it CAN'T be my fault, must be yours. People don't put the blame where it belongs these days.

Reactions: Panda

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought it might be a situation were Taurus was trying doge a recall. Glad to know pt-111 millennium pro firing pin block works as it should .

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It seems the case made it to a jury, who ruled in favor of the plaintiff.

If the story is accurate in the links posted above, the man received a defective weapon which failed to prevent a discharge when it was dropped. Since this is an advertised safety feature of most guns, when it doesn't work and someone is injured because of it, a lawsuit and subsequent payout is going to happen.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
"If" it was proven to be a "defective" part it doesn't necessarily prove that "all" the drop safeties produced were defective. Anything man made can and will eventually fail; think multi-billion dollar space shuttle accidents...

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I dropped my old PT809c one time while taking off the holster; the effin' thing got caught on my shirt tail. Landed where? On the hammer. Where was it pointed? At my eye, of course. I can still see the rifling, pointing straight at my face.

Didn't go off.

Did you guys know, I'm a moron, but a living moron, due to Taurus's excellent engineering?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Wasn't that on the first iteration of the pt111?
There have been many changes since then.
I believe you are correct. I remember Dbeardslee mentioning this (I have a 1st generation pt111).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts