Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Jan I have purchased 2 Millenioum Pro's a PT 140 and a PT 111. The PT 140 functions very well and was great except for the fact that it shot way low and left. A trip to the factory, 2 months and a new barrel fixed that. The PT 111 blew the recoil spring assembly out the front of the slide the first time at the range. I was able to fix that by opening up the outside diameter of the spring. Also during this time I purchased a S & W Sigma in 40 SW. The Smith is dead on accurate and functionally flawless. The trigger feels like a double action revolvers which while different was easy to get used to. As I type this I want to get a nice concealment holster for my carry gun and I'm still in doubt as to the Mil Pro fulfilling my needs. Function on both of these is now excellent and the PT 140 is actually accurate now. What it does do is drop the magazine a lot because the mag release is so exposed and drops the mag when accidently hit. I also have been dropping mags while firing it due to hitting the mag relase while gripping the weapon. Right now the exposed Mag release is the biggest fault i have with my Mil Pro's. The design of the Sigma has a rib on the grip that protects the Mag release and ensures your fingers stay away from it while shooting. The Sigma will not become my carry gun due to its size but I have handled a S&W M&P Compact that addresses my mag release concern the same way the Sigma does with a molded in rib on the grip.
This is not a Taurus bash but food for thought for anyone else looking for a dedicataed carry weapon. One final thought the S&W purchase is what I expected when buying a modern handgun, accurate and reliable with well though out features. The Mil Pro's have not met the same standard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.