Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear gents,

I am thinking of getting either one of these guns in either 9mm or .40. I held both of them sometime in the past at a gun show and I think, from what I remember, they both felt pretty good. I would like to hear your thoughts on those two, maybe some pros and cons while comparing both. I do understand this is a Taurus forum and I also own a PT99, TCP780, 617 and M327 handguns and I like them all, except the 380 gives me a little trouble sometimes. Oops. Almost forgot. I also have the Judge carbine in 45/410 which is my best uplander.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
696 Posts
Mr. Mad,

I own 2 PT-140's and love them for CC. I looked at the 27 and didn't care for the grip, too short and blocky. Personal preference. The other thing I didn't care for was the price. I took what they were asking for the 27 and put another $100.00 with it and bought both my Tauri. My pistols are reliable and accurate. The grip fits my hand perfectly. They are very easy to conceal. I have a Crossbreed holster and a Smartcarry that I use depending on the situation.

Bottom line, either would be a good choice. I prefer the Taurus due to the way it fit my hand.

Good Luck to You

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
Over all I prefer the Taurus Millennium Pro line. Specifically the9mm PT111and the. 45 ACP PT145. The ergonomics are superior, they're thinner ligter and cheaper, while being just as accurate and reliable. Plus, I like having a manual safety and loaded chamber indicater.

·
Registered
27,560 Posts
Glock 26 = $499
Taurus Millenium Pro + 750 rounds of ammo = $499

Which will you shoot better?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The closest I came to owning a Glock was a Sigma9VE. Same looks, heft and better ergo. It took some doing but is a house gun now.
But my pt111 is a pet that I carry every day. It fits my hand and my side. It holds and shoots very well. It's easy to clean. I'd hate to have to use it on someone and lose it to the DA.

Reactions: Harrychl

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. Money is not an issue right now. I am getting married soon and most likely this will be my last purchase for a while :-D But I do see your point.
Are the PROs reliable? I hope they are nothing like the TCPs. At least not like mine. Some times it shoots well, other times I might get an FTF or few.

Thanks.
Cheers,
Mad

·
Administrator
40,147 Posts
Over all I prefer the Taurus Millennium Pro line. Specifically the9mm PT111and the. 45 ACP PT145. The ergonomics are superior, they're thinner ligter and cheaper, while being just as accurate and reliable. Plus, I like having a manual safety and loaded chamber indicater.
Ditto!

And the MilPros win out in the handsomeness category with me. As for reliablity, my PT145 has a ton of rounds through it without an issue (3,000+).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My two milpro's have been 100% reliable, I'm currently in the process of selling both and moving to a glock 19.

I really like the pt111 and pt145, but I want something that is a supported a little better by the after market and I shoot the g19 well and can conceal it easily. The 26/27 are too small for me, the 19 is perfect for concealed carry and range fun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own both. The Glock 26 grip is a little shorter, but you can get the extended mag for it and its perfect. My PT140 is great gun as well, but I prefer the feel of the Glock.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mr. Mad,

I own 2 PT-140's and love them for CC. I looked at the 27 and didn't care for the grip, too short and blocky. Personal preference. The other thing I didn't care for was the price. I took what they were asking for the 27 and put another $100.00 with it and bought both my Tauri. My pistols are reliable and accurate. The grip fits my hand perfectly. They are very easy to conceal. I have a Crossbreed holster and a Smartcarry that I use depending on the situation.

Bottom line, either would be a good choice. I prefer the Taurus due to the way it fit my hand.

Good Luck to You
I agree - the grip on the Glock 27 isn't sufficient.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Love my Mil Pro 9mm.

·
32,647 Posts
Here's a little something aobut just that from some time ago, but very pertinent for this discussion.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/6575-pt111-mil-pro-vs-glock-26-a.html

I do own a PT111 Millennium Pro and it fits me better than a Glock. That was until the 26 became a 4th generation one.

I do own a Glock 19,4th Gen.. However being having small hands and short fingers the PT111 Mil Pro still fits me better than the Glock.

Which ever gun fits you and your needs is what to get. Try them both out as much as possible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I also own the PT 111 PRO and Glock 27 Gen 3. I would trust my life to either one. I do carry the PT 111 PRO more.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For my CCW class, I used a Glock 20 .45 cal, It was a good gun but not as easy to shoot or as comfortable as my new PT145. I've shot both, and just iIMO, the PT145 wins hands down, and money wasn't an issue, I also just bought a Ruger P345.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I don't like Glocks but that's a personal thing, and for the same reason I love my Mill pro.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I pawed the Glock and the PT145. The Taurus just seemed to fit my hand a lot better and the point of the gun is very natural for me. The Glock just felt like something was just a tiny bit off.

Really boils down to feel IMHO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ken: Picked up the PT145 because of the super price ($299) and a buddy really loves his. I like the feel of it a lot more than some Glocks several cop friends have. I really like the PT145 trigger compared to the Glock or some Springfield HD's or Smith & Wesson Glock clones. I don't really like striker fired pistols. I prefer a hammer. But the PT145 won me over. My PT145 is a lot more accurate than my friends Glocks too. Yes, it's currently back with Taurus for service but "that happens". I'm looking fowrad to having it back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also own the PT 111 PRO and Glock 27 Gen 3. I would trust my life to either one. I do carry the PT 111 PRO more.
can I ask why you carry the pt111 over the g27? Is it due to the recoil or size/comfort of CCW?

·
Registered
188 Posts
some great Mill pro experiences here! I looked at a Mill Pro and ended up taking home a Glock 36. A bit slimmer than the 26/27 (I own both of those too, BTW), .45 ACP and the grip was great for my hand. LOVE this gun so it's my personal preference but might not be yours. So the real question for the OP...what best fits your hand and your wallet?

·
32,647 Posts
There are some threads in the Archive about PT111 vs the G26.

Most of it had to do with the gun fit the people naturally and the PT111 Mil Pro pointed well and shot well for them.

For others the G26 was fine.
Bulk was mentioned as well. The G26 came off as a Block. The grip and size of the PT111 carried easier and were not as great in circumference as the G26.

That's true for me being a short and "stout" person.
The G26 GEN 4 may have taken care of some of the that where size does matter. :)

The PT111 is a soft shooting number and I have faith in the 9x19 out of the short barrel for good reasons.

If you like the .40 S&W cartridge, fine. No problem.

The sights for me are dead on for most of the ammo I use. I do not use the dots. I use a regular sight pictures on my PT111s. The dots are good for quick and instant referencing, but the eyes go to the back and front sight picture from then on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts