Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I was looking on Budsgunshop at MPs 111. And I am a little confused. I saw a stainless 12rd gun for 322 bucks and then another stainless 10rd 30 bucks more. Why such price difference? I saw something here about gen 2 and gen 3. Is that it? Is the cheaper one gen 2? How do I find out. Here are the links:

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Stainless, 12 round $322.00 SHIPS FREE

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Stainless $352.00 SHIPS FREE

What is the difference betwen gen 2 and 3?

Thank you.
Cheers,
Mad

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

Registered
I noticed that in most cases, the CA compliant guns would cost more than the regular ones. I believe it's because the gun makers must pay extra money to get these pistols tested to get them approved.

Registered
Thank you so much. As I finished posting the message I found the sticky at the top of the page. Do you know if the 3 gen is any better other than the SA/DA feature?

Thank you
Cheers,
Mad
I just saw this post after I posted mine. The 2nd and 3rd gen MillPro's are excellent guns. Avoid the 1st gen.

Administrator
Thank you so much. As I finished posting the message I found the sticky at the top of the page. Do you know if the 3 gen is any better other than the SA/DA feature?

Thank you
Cheers,
Mad
I think both are great. PT111 DA, and my PT145 SA/DA. No problems. It boils down to personal preference. My PT145 is a carry gun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I think both are great. PT111 DA, and my PT145 SA/DA. No problems. It boils down to personal preference. My PT145 is a carry gun.
Isn't there a 111 SA/DA? I looked all over Bud's and it does not look like they have gen 3 in 9mm. I think I would go with the 9mm. I have 2 1911s in .45 and I would like to have another 9mm to compliment my PT99.

Thank you
Cheers,
Mad

Registered
Both guns you linked to are 3rd gen PT111's. The 12rd pistol is SA/DA for other States that don't have the 10rd mag limit. The 10rd pistol is DA for CA.

Edit: There are many errors on Bud's listings. You need to contact their customer service to make sure about the gun you're going to purchase.

Administrator
There is. You might have to look elsewhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Both guns you linked to are 3rd gen PT111's. The 12rd pistol is SA/DA for other States that don't have the 10rd mag limit. The 10rd pistol is DA for CA.

Edit: There are many errors on Bud's listings. You need to contact their customer service to make sure about the gun you're going to purchase.
But I thought that the 3rd gen have dove-tailed sights. According to the picture those are not. Do you think that is due to the errors you meantioned?

Cheers,
Mad

Registered
Yep, the picture is of the older version. You can email or call them to make real sure before buying from Bud's. That's what I always did when I bought guns from Bud's. I never trusted their pics and descriptions.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, the picture is of the older version. You can email or call them to make real sure before buying from Bud's. That's what I always did when I bought guns from Bud's. I never trusted their pics and descriptions.
I just ran the part number of the gun listed on google and it does look like it is the gen 3 piece. Nice. Now thinking thinking thinking:)

Thank you.
Cheers,
Mad

Registered
Gents,

I was looking on Blankenship at MIPS 111. And I am a little confused. I saw a stainless RD gun for 322 bucks and then another stainless 10rd 30 bucks more. Why such price difference? I saw something here about gen 2 and gen 3. Is that it? Is the cheaper one gen 2? How do I find out. Here are the links:

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Stainless, 12 round $322.00 SHIPS FREE

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Stainless $352.00 SHIPS FREE

What is the difference betwen gen 2 and 3?

Thank you.
Cheers,
Mad
Here is my understand of how Bud's pricing works, it is local for me and I shoot their range often besides by a lot of guns there. First their prices are updated several times a day. Now due to the fact they deal in such large volumes it is done with software. Now say they have 10 guns purchased to sell at say $400 dollars and the price changes for that particular model, their prices are then based on replacement charges across the board. So that gun you bought today due to them ordering a replacement all guns in stock will reflect the new price of the last gun purchased by them. In most cases it keeps the price lower than most but in some cases some guns will seem strange. I purchase my PT 111 Pro from them a couple of years ago and they only showed the CA version (10 round DA only gun) for $345 but when I went in to actually check out the gun I asked if they had a 12 round version with SA/DA and they had one in the store. I walked with it for $318 + Tax however the next day that same gun was listed at $319. Both guns where 3rd Gen by the way. So to them it doesn't matter so much what the gun + profit margin adds up too but the replacement cost + profit margin for all guns in stock. I hope that makes their pricing a little easier to understand. Oh and due to the fact they buy such large amounts of guns they get them cheaper than say you mom & pop gun shop in you neighborhood.

Registered
Call Bud's and ask...
That is how it was explained to me when I asked as serveral of their guns pricing seemed strange. It also has to do with guns shipped to say California or NY for example as the state requirment as such it forces some makers to charge more it seems. Bud's has a list for example of guns that are California approved as well as some other states.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts