Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the PT609 pistol? I have not ever owned a Taurus semi, only the revolvers. I am considering one.
Is the Taurus 609 a clone of another brand of semi like the Taurus and Beretta 92?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I own one, and enjoy shooting it.
The PT609 is a member of the Millinium family, and was sold mostly through Acadamy Sports.
It has a 13 round clip, which may be hard to come by in the future.

Do a search on this site for the PT609 and you will find more information on this gun from the prior posts.

Rob

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
BTW.. The PT 609 was dropped from the Taurus line, in 2011. At least that is from their catalog. Fortunately the critical replacement parts are also used in a few of their other Millinium models, and are available.

You can also look it up on UTube. This gun was also used a a police issue weapon in some South American Countries.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
If you search for the PT640 here, there was a lengthy thread about the 600 series. They were originally issued to several Brazilian police departments, which is why many (inlcuding my 2011 Academy Black Friday special) have lanyard rings at the rear base of the grip.

Magazines for the 24/7C compact fit the 600 series, wilt either no modification, or a little grinding or filing of the top of the plastic base. Again, search for PT640 and toy can see the threads.

As far as replacement sights, holster, and other accessories, the 600 series fits the same as the Mil Pro series, since they are almost identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.