Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
My wife and I went to the range last night with our own grab bag of pistols and revolvers and I ended up shooting a Mil Pro 9mm that the range master had on hand. I personnally liked it though my wife was getting a little beat up by it.
She is very competent with her .38s but she has been wanting a small semi for her concealed carry whip. The range didn't have a .380 on hand and neither she or I have shot a .380.
My question is how does the .380 shoot in comparison to a .38 loaded with +P rounds and are you folks happy with the Mil Pro in .380?
Thanks in advance.......

·
Registered
539 Posts
My lady has a hi point in 380 that she enjoys shooting; it's a pussycat in her opinion and she likes her 9mm better but she does like the 380 as well. As far as how they compare with a 38 it's hard for me to say because the revolver I have is substantially heavier than the hi point but I have always felt 38's, even +p's, to be fairly tame even out of the ultra-lite revolvers. I also have a derringer in 38 and they are even mild in that; as a matter-of-fact the trigger pull is tougher than the recoil! Might be a good idea to try out some other small autos in 9mm just to see if she feels the same way about them. Enjoy the hunt! Searching for that new gun that fits the bill is always fun; best of luck.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd be curious to know what 9mm ammo was in that mil pro. My wife finds ours to be a pussycat. I usually shoot 115gn target or JHP thru mine, but I have shot some 124gn nato that would like to rip your wrist off. You might want to try the 9mm one more time with some milder ammo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we shoot we always shoot with our personal defense loads.
Golden sabre 124+P in the 9m. 125+p in the .38s. I feel that if you keep your guns loaded with it you should practice with it as well.
Oh yes, my wife is a tiny little bird 5' 2" 105 lbs with very thin whispy hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts