Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently learned, that my son who got back from Iraq last August, was either presented with, or had an option to obtain a Special Issue Presentation model of the Army's pistol. Has anyone heard of these, or seen them? Just wondering?

I have not seen it (he lives in Denver, CO. I am in KY), I really hesitate to even talk to him about it, and his time over there.

I kind of have a feeling as a DAD, he is having it rougher on his return than he will tell any of us.

Any of you guys, who have been over there, got any idea's how, Dad can help without causing problems.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you been in combat? That was the shared expierence between my son and I. I let him approach me when he was ready. I wish the best for your son. Ask him if he wants to talk. Let him know your concerns. I hope me two cents helps.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Dad's combat experience was on an Aircraft Carrier, during Viet Nam. Not quite the same as picking up wounded soldiers, and civilians for a year in Iraq, where the insurgents do not respect the RED CROSS, on the side of you chopper. I do know that picking up wounded kids was the roughest,(per him). He was obviously Med Vac, however due things over there, he carried a personal load of over 1200 rounds for his M4, and several 100 for his sidearm. Yeah Dad believes he came under fire more than they will tell us.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Tell him I said (and I am sure others do as well) thanks for his service. From a Vietnam vet who had opportunity to receive some personal attention from a combat medic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.