Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 3rd Gen Mil-Pro PT-145 that has approximately 750-1000 rounds through it. I have begun to experience Failure to Fire problems with the gun....It first started with 165 gr hydrashocks, but fired everything else....Now, I am experiencing the problem with all types of 45 ACP ammo. I routinely clean the gun after every trip to the range, so that is not the problem....I am not experiencing any jamming or FTEs, so my guess is a malfunctioning firing pin.

I love the size and ergonomics of this gun, but since I can't rely on it right now for self-defense purposes, it has been sent to a dark closet. At the moment, my only thought is to return the gun back to the company's customer service dept. for them to inspect.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with a Mil-Pro 145?

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I have seen this before with mine. I chauked mine up to having to much oil around the firing pin area. I could see the oil puddling in the primer where it hit.

Maybe you should try cleaning up the firing pin channel and make sure there isn't any debry in the backside of the slide where the springs are. I have also heard of one of the springs breaking. You may look real close at the and see if that is the case as well.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Check the slide disassembly thread in the smithing section. It will confirm if there is a problem with the striker assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Bought my 3rd Gen Mil Pro P145 late last year. Went to the range and after the 2nd or 3rd magazines I began to have FTF. I thought it may had been the ammo (WWB). Tried the gun two more times after that using diferent ammo (Federal and Blazer) and had the same problem. Sent the gun back to Taurus (shipping was free) and exactly 8 weeks later (just three days ago) got it back. The paperwork told me they replaced the firing pin. I am going to shoot it next weekend and I hope it works.

I read so many good things about this handgun and I really like the way it feels and shoots (when it does) so I am hoping the problems have been fixed!!!

Hector

·
Registered
119 Posts
The only times I had a failure to fire was with my PT-945 and was probably due to light primer strikes. When I switched to a PT-145, I never had it happen. I would take it to a gun shop and have them do a professional cleaning. The gun shop near me does the ultrasonic cleaning for $30. That should rule out any gunk or build up slowing down that firing pin. If that doesn't help, then I'd send it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts