Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 months ago I placed an online order for 20 rounds of Double Tap bonded defense .357 magnum rounds (1600 fps 710 ft/lbs, these are hot loads!!!) for my Tracker 627. One month later sent a follow up email "kindly" stating that I'm aware of the ammo crunch, just checking up on things to make sure I haven't been forgotten. No response.

I had two options here, flip out, or just be patient. I went with the later.

Three days ago, I went to Double Tap's website (nice and redesigned) decided to check up one last time. I simply said, "I placed an order about 4 months ago, here's my order ID, I'm just curious if everything went through ok?"

I got a response yesterday, expressing extreme apologies, and that I made my order A.) in the middle of the ammo crunch, B.) right when they were redesigning their website, and C.) they had actually just stopped producing the bonded defense before my order. They did offer to send me some of their semi jacketed hollow point (same ballistics as the bonded defense) which I agreed even if there was a cost difference. I specifically got "oh my goodness, don't worry about it" which can mean one of two things. 1.) they are sending me the 20 rounds for free or 2.) there is a cost difference but they won't charge me any more for the ammo.

I'm hoping for the first, but even if it's not the case, the moral is always be patient with people selling you stuff, it will work out for the better in the end!:)

·
Registered
24,535 Posts
Patience is virtue Dude.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Sounds like a good outcome.

Some months back I bought a few Hornady Case holders from Midway. When I opened the packages one of them had the wrong item in it. I called Hornady, mailed it back to them. A few months went by with no response so I decided to call them again. I was nice to the gal that I spoke with and she apologized. Two days later I had the shell holder and a nice Hornady hat!

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Either way works for me.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Great title for a post. Definitely got my attention. Shows that courtesy and manners still can produce good results.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
22,027 Posts
Reasonable, polite behavior is getting to be so unusual that it reaps rewards.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Good manners are never a waste of time! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: oldbull360

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Good manners are what separate the gentleman from the common man. Congratulations
on playing the waiting game and keeping your cool and hopefully, you will see your reward
in twenty rounds of free ammunition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts