Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Been a few years sense I posted something. Im looking at a older PT 92. Don't have the ser. # but I can give a rough description. blued finish,no rail,wood grips with taurus button in the middle. also has a ten round mag. Not bad price but I was just wondering about how old it could be. Thanks for any info. Good to be back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi and welcome back. I have only been on here for a couple of years but maybe I can get things rolling. Does the safety also act as a decocker? If not, then that narrows it down quite a bit. Also, is the mag release near the butt of the grip or behind the trigger guard. Go to this thread and read all you can.. It has all or most of the answers you are seeking.
https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...794-pt-92-99-100-101-info-answers-thread.html

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
guessing before the early to mid 90's.
I think the beloved rails began along them as well as th older type wood taurus grips.
10 round mag means it was likely a Kalifornia model unless its an after market magazine.
I have a 1987 model 99 and it was exactly like that when purchased new.

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
:nopics:

Without actually seeing it, very hard to tell.

As with any used Gun purchase, condition is everything!
Even if it is well used, a PT92 is very easy to work on and parts, such as Springs, are very reasonably priced.
Have owned and shot my PT92, since July 1992, with a lot of rounds downrange from IPSC Matches and other recreational shooting.
Have also relied on it for Home Defense.

Edit Note: From your other Post, you have purchased a PT92, made in 1992, as mine was.
Mine is pictured, center, below with Pachmayr Grips and a Ghost Ring Rear Sight ( no longer made)

L-R
Tanfoglio/RIA MAP1 FS
Taurus PT92
Taurus 24/7 Pro

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Welcome back home.

As many have pointed out, it is a difficult call without laying eyes on the pistol or having the serial number to run through the Taurus data base.

Only thing that I will add and throw into the mix is the older pre-decocker models seem to be the smoothest slide action out of the entire production run. I love the decocker feature of the more recent production run, but I have owned 2 of the no decocker models, each was melted butter smooth.

Other than that as you know it's all about condition, supply and demand in establishing a price that all involved are comfortable with.

Do make sure to get a bill of sale documenting the purchase and who you purchased it from. Any other details about the buyer that you can recall make a note of them on the Bill of Sale for future memory recall if ever needed.....it's a crazy world out there any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts