Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t seen a Micro Brew thread in a while so…

I love the fact that the snobbery of wine drinkers is being supplanted by the faithful of the brewmeister’s trade.

Micro Breweries have morphed into what the media is now calling "Craft Breweries".

I don't care what handle they put on them as long as they keep turning out awesome brews to sample.

My "current favorite" is out of Atlanta, Georgia's Sweetwater Brewery...

Sweetwater IPA, super hoppy with an exotic citrusy finish...what's yours?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I had the Sweetwater IPA a few weeks ago while I was in Atlanta, it is a really nice IPA. I also had a Brazilian beer Xingu, it is a black beer but is very smooth and creamy.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My favorite Micro brewery is Schlafly's in Saint Louis. I used stop there all the time when I still lived in the city. They have a pub attached to the brewery, so you can see the beer being made, and of course it smells amazing in there! My favorite is their Hefeweizen:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I really like Great Lakes brewery's products. Made in Cleveland Ohio.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Step-son just brought me a bottle of his very first Cascade Pale Ale.
Now, I am not at all a Pale Ale fan, but his was a clean brew, if not a bit "biting" in the aftertaste due to having added too much hops.
A little dash of fresh lemon juice took care of the too-hoppy afterbite.
Lots of home-brewers around the area.

·
Registered
561 Posts
One of the largest Micro's Mcmenamins here serves all of their beers raw. Not pasteurized, they have a Terminator stout that i swear you can't see through with an electron micro scope it will hold a quarter on the head but damn its good. Unfortunately as you can imagine We've got beer snobs here, what is the world coming to.
Three Percent would have heard of them, I like the IPA's also.
Remember beer is a food group and deserves the same respect as Chocolate and Cheese and BBQ.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Right now, it's Nitro Milk Stout, by Left Hand Brewery in Colorado.

Attachments

·
17,567 Posts
I guess it's no micro brew, but 'round these parts it's Shiner Bock. As for wine, I only drink the finest boxes...............that is all.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Well, looking at the replies here it sounds like if I ever take the plunge and emigrate to the States I won't be stuck for good dark beer. Terminator and Nitro sound like my kind of tipple!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well, looking at the replies here it sounds like if I ever take the plunge and emigrate to the States I won't be stuck for good dark beer. Terminator and Nitro sound like my kind of tipple!
Come on over Corrado -- we have some good beer and lots of places to shoot! :D

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Flying Dog Brewery out of Colorado has some awesome brews too.

Beers | Flying Dog Brewery

Who ever comes up with their names and graphics would be fun to party with.

Down here you can find them in most well stocked liquor stores or the "Publix" grocery chain.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Most Sam Adams beers are good. Here locally we have Four peaks brewing, Kilt lifter and and Hop knot IPA are fantastic! Trader joes carries a barvarian hefeweizen brewed by Gordon Birsch and only $5.99 a six pack.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You want something that'll knock your socks off with Oysters on the half shell or any seafood.

Try
Cave Creek's Chili Beer...not for wussies. Main home page

The concept sounds terrible, but the product is off the hook good!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You want something that'll knock your socks off with Oysters on the half shell or any seafood.

Try
Cave Creek's Chili Beer...not for wussies. Main home page

The concept sounds terrible, but the product is off the hook good!

It is good..and spicy....and just a 35 minute drive to the brewery for me.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Oh Dang! Just looked at Cave Creek's website. The brewery in North Phoenix is closed, beer is now produced in Mexico.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts