Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in Auburn Hills not far from where the Pistons play. I got sick a few years back and had to retire early but the wife still works. We are into RVing and want to Snow BIrd it when she retires. That's the main reason I got my CPL a while back. We went up to New England for a practice run and sort of a 40th Anniversary trip. Being not only in moose and bear country but spending some nights in mountain rest stops or even at a WalMart I felt the need to carry protection. Once upon a time I was the one to watch out for but not anymore.

I started with a Ruger Security Six 357 with a six inch barrel but that's just a bit small for bears althoug it would be good for buicks except that it was a large bodied weapon and hard to conceal. Tried a CZ-100 for my first semi auto but the 40 cal is still a bit light for bears. So I researched on line a bit and picked up a PT145 Pro. So far I like it. I also picked up an adorable looking Taurus 38 special. I haven't fired it yet but I keep telling my wife that I got it for her.

I have never been a handgun man up until the need arose though I was in the Army some time back. There I used an M16, apparently successfully. I served with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam from November of 1967 until November of 1968. The Herd is currently in Afghanistan.

After I came home I worked in factories for years raising a family and going to school part time. When I was forced to retire I was working as a teacher at a private college. These days my activities are much more sedate but at least there are still activities.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Enjoy the new guns. You will need to get the wife up to speed on handling and shooting firearms. It is a crazy world we live in.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrglock said:
Welcome! How did you get the nick-name "Grouchy Hippo"?
There's a grandchilren story there.

·
Administrator
40,663 Posts
Wilkommen! :wave:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D
Great story..got to love grandchildren ;)
I have 7 plus 2 more on the way....

Taurus 38 special. I haven't fired it yet but I keep telling my wife that I got it for her.
That is too funny..lol
I just wonder how many guns have been bought by guys on here for there wives..he..he..he :devil:.... :thumb:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad you could join us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts