Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some here about the problems with the PT145. I have a PT111 and am considering the PT145 as well. I'd like a metal guide rod for each. Someone mentioned that a metal rod is available from Taurus for the PT145, so that's good. Anyone klnow if there's been any problems with, or if I can order a metal rod, for the PT111?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nope...no metal guide rods are made for any Taurus auto pistols. Um...what problems are your referring to that you have read on here about the PT145?

·
Registered
796 Posts
dawgfvr said:
Nope...no metal guide rods are made for any Taurus auto pistols. Um...what problems are your referring to that you have read on here about the PT145?
They are available for Taurus Autos directly from Taurus. I got one for my PT-145. The only thing is it does not fit since it was actually for the 2Nd Gen PT-145.

·
Administrator
40,675 Posts
That's good to know. Haven't had a problem, but if I need one I think I would like all metal. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish taurus would have used metal in the first place, they used a metal one in the 2nd gen, i didn't hear about them braking then! did anyone else?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe when the 4th gen comes out they will have all the bugs worked out and i can get a new one. I miss my 45, I'm carrying my glock which i love but it's alittle big for summer carry. If it had only been made better the first time around.

·
Super Moderator
21,945 Posts
the 1911 has its own problems the mags are cheap and plainly suck you will get nosedive's almost right away I replaced them with novak and have the new wolf that includes the power spring
ordered from Brownells.com other then that its an awsome gun somtimes you have to work through a few issues with your gun some guns won't shoot certain ammo no matter how super deadly the are A 45 is deadly with just hardball. I'm curious were you shooting +p right out of the box every gun I have get a min of 500 rounds before its cleared for use and then I shoot it all the time just to keep in practice. There are people that carry that gun as a primary weapon and have no issues with it. my pt 1911 has 600 rounds through it and I won't clrear it untill I find the right mag that won't nose dive. all my defence guns went through this process. :) my next gun will be the pt 145 it feels good and i like the 45 caliber even though right now i'm useing my XD-9 as its never had aproblem and has 1k + through it and that incudes +p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts