Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, I’m relatively new to owning and maintaining a handgun so be easy on me. I have a G2C, when I bought it new I cleaned it according to the paper that came with the gun. I then researched on YouTube and cleaned it like a reputable video said to. I went to a range and put around 300 rounds or so through it and cleaned it hours later. Went to a concealed carry class and looked at the cardboard target and noticed a metal flake sticking in the front of the target. Got it home and cleaned again, and attached is a picture of the bore. I may have not noticed it before but, it seems that every other “channel” in the bore has small pieces missing in the beginning of the bore??? Maybe I’m paranoid, any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I own 2 of the G2's and have never seen anything like that. The 2 that I have are just the G2 and not the C model.

·
Registered
27,138 Posts
It was probably a piece of lead. Were the bullets cast, plated or jacketed?

And "reputable video" or not, I couldn't sign off on it without actually knowing what you did. There are lots of experts on the internet... some more expert than others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bullets were Federal 115gr FMJ brass shell, the piece in the cardboard was silver color. It did misfire, I half racked then let it back and pulled the trigger and it went off and ejected clean. I’m not sure if that was the round that the metal piece came from though as I didn’t notice it until I went to pick up the target. The first time this gun has misfired and it was during the conceal carry range time. As far as cleaning the gun, the only thing that could be an issue would be the wire brush as I’ve only used it after running at least 100 rounds through it. Some say not to use it and some say it’s fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know that much about stuff like this. But, I would talk to Taurus. See what they say. They'll probably send you a new barrel. I've never called them before but, I had no problems chatting with them on their website. When the magazine release button fell out of my pt111 g2 they sent me a new one.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
As many rounds as you have touching each other, I wouldn't change a thing unless something major happens.

·
Registered
27,138 Posts
The bullets were Federal 115gr FMJ brass shell, the piece in the cardboard was silver color. It did misfire, I half racked then let it back and pulled the trigger and it went off and ejected clean. I’m not sure if that was the round that the metal piece came from though as I didn’t notice it until I went to pick up the target. The first time this gun has misfired and it was during the conceal carry range time. As far as cleaning the gun, the only thing that could be an issue would be the wire brush as I’ve only used it after running at least 100 rounds through it. Some say not to use it and some say it’s fine.
At this point, I'd probably shrug, blame the ammo, and see how the gun shoots. As Fredward points out, there doesn't seem to be anything functional to complain about.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
At this point, I'd probably shrug, blame the ammo, and see how the gun shoots. As Fredward points out, there doesn't seem to be anything functional to complain about.
Agreed!
the silver piece in the target I would guess is part of the projectile, now why it separated is another question.
I would take the weapon to the range with fresh ammo and load a round fire it, check the barrel, repeat that a few times and IF everything looked good at the gun end and the target end then I would be satisfied that I got a bad projectile loaded in a new round.
it does happen!
hell I bought a box of 38 spl lead RN and everyone jumped the crimp and locked the pistol down every time it was fired, well for about 15 rounds then I got tired of that and just pulled the rest and used the brass..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I went to the range and put 150 rounds through it and no issues at all, accurate as it should be. I did notice when cleaning the bore that the rifling looked more defined and “cleaner”. Guess there was a long break in period for this gun. I’ve got my Lakeline stainless steel striker guide and recoil assembly coming, it should be a tank then. I’m figuring with my “keep tinkering” trigger and the new striker guide, it will feel like a new gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts