Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my brother Richard, good friend Duck, and college friend Denise.

(feel free to add your lost loved ones)

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,174 Posts
To our mods that have departed, Cimarron, BUTT, Robby, and Lance0812 - we miss you guys a whole lot. You're the best of us.

My grandparents, all of them, I miss you more than I can express. My aunt Vera, who was taken much too early. God bless you all.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A loving remembrance for my Mother who passed away nearly five years ago.

We all missed you being there at our annual Christmas Eve family gathering, and I lifted up a prayer for you after the Christmas story was read.

Dad misses you most of all. Not a day goes by that he doesn't speak of you.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
An old man once said that the way you know your old is when you know more dead folks than live ones. I'm there and mother is the last one left in our family. Three years ago I retired to take care of her. The same month my best friend passed. We were able to hunt together a few times. Had a stroke and passed suddenly. We talked a lot about life and death the last hunt. About all the family and friends that had passed. He laughed and said he would let them know I would be along when my time came. I have thought about him, my dad, brothers and others lately. I can still see and hear them when the memories of years past come alive within. Doesn't make me sad, usually there is a smile because we enjoyed life. 1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? For as a believer I know that they are not lost and we will see each other again. Do I miss them, yes but just for moment in time we call life here on earth. The forever to come there knows no time.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Merry Christmas to my parents, grand parents and father in law, I miss you all so dearly.

My mother made every Christmas special. Actually, she made every day special.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Merry Christmas to my brother, who passed way too soon, mother, dad and father in law.

Rest in peace till we meet again.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
For my Mother who we lost a week after Easter.
And my Dad who we lost a few years ago, both to cancer.

It's been an odd Christmas being without parents, feels weird to be the "older" generation now. This will take some getting used to until some grandchildren come along I suppose.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
An old man once said that the way you know your old is when you know more dead folks than live ones. I'm there and mother is the last one left in our family. Three years ago I retired to take care of her. The same month my best friend passed. We were able to hunt together a few times. Had a stroke and passed suddenly. We talked a lot about life and death the last hunt. About all the family and friends that had passed. He laughed and said he would let them know I would be along when my time came. I have thought about him, my dad, brothers and others lately. I can still see and hear them when the memories of years past come alive within. Doesn't make me sad, usually there is a smile because we enjoyed life. 1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? For as a believer I know that they are not lost and we will see each other again. Do I miss them, yes but just for moment in time we call life here on earth. The forever to come there knows no time.
God bless you, Frank, for sharing your encouraging and inspirational seasonal thoughts with us.

Your dear Mother is so very blessed to have you for her son.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Here I am, late again. I think this is a wonderful thread, thanks so much for posting and helping to bring to the forefront of our memories the loved ones that we have lost. There are way too many.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts